IGNORED

My first rare find!

YarsRevengeFan

Believe it or not, I found the Threshold by Tigervision loose cart in great condition! But best of all, I found it at a mall at Electronic Boutique for the low, low, price of $1.99 plus tax!!

It plays with no problem!

BTW, where can I get a manual for this game?

Just thought I'd share my excitement!

"Yeah me either, I'll have to check next time. Where did they have it? Was it in one of those used bargin bins?"

Tempest

I found it at the checkout counter where they have slats that run legnth wise around the 3 corners of the counter. They had about 6 or 7 atari commons and about 20 NES games with the NES light gun and controllers. I almost didn't see them because the atari cartridges ran flush with the slats.

Just so everyone knows, EB recently began opening used game stores called EB Game World. They carry all games for all systems (including Atari). Atari 2600 games are generally priced at 1.99, which is high for most games they get, but rare ones are usually the same price.

So if you get a no from your local EB, be sure to ask if they've opened an EB Game World in the area.

quote:

Originally posted by atari70s:

is this different than teh EBX they opened lately?

Yes, the EBX stores are a bit different. Now, it's been a *long* time since I worked at Electronics Boutique, but I believe the EBX stores were supposed to be a bit larger than a typical EB and stock some merchandise not carried by normal EBs. But this was several years ago back when the EBX stores were new--I don't know if that's still true today. I've only seen a few of them in my travels and they didn't seem much different from a normal EB.

..Al

quote:

Originally posted by YarsRevengeFan:

Believe it or not, I found the Threshold by Tigervision loose cart in great condition! But best of all, I found it at a mall at Electronic Boutique for the low, low, price of $1.99 plus tax!!

Wow, there's one place I've never considered finding an Atari 2600 game, much less a rare 2600 game, and that's Electronics Boutique. But now that they buy or accept old games as trades towards new purchases, I guess it's not *too* surprising that some store(s) somewhere might have taken in some 2600 games. Pretty cool find!

..Al

quote:

Originally posted by Rhindle The Red:

Just so everyone knows, EB recently began opening used game stores called EB Game World. They carry all games for all systems (including Atari). Atari 2600 games are generally priced at 1.99, which is high for most games they get, but rare ones are usually the same price.

Cool, I wasn't aware of this! Unfortunately there are none in my area. Here's EB's Store Locator for anyone who wants to see if there's one close by:

Electronics Boutique Store Locator

..Al