IGNORED

Allia's Quest by Igor of EBIVISION

DEBRO

It's quite good. We haven't had a chance to create a new entry for it yet, but we'll have scans and screenshots up soon. The graphics are great, he created some really cool effects, I especially like the starfield (Unfortunately you can't really appreciate that unless you see the game running). It reminds me a bit of Megamania except that the enemies attack in a more vertical pattern rather than horizontal. It's very much in the classic vein.

[ 08-28-2001: Message edited by: Alex ]

I met Igor at CGE and ran a tournament for him in the name of Twin Galaxies on his game. Most of the players who participated, 26, said it was a good game. It is very easy at first but does get much harder after you get to the third level of 8. I personally purchased a copy from Igor to show support for 2600 developers.

Igor did a great job with Allia Quest. I was fortunate to have purchased a copy at CGE and one of the things Igor said to me was, "Make sure you actually play the game and not just put it in your collection!" As Ron said, it starts out innocently enough but doesn't waste much time in becoming more difficult.

It is similar to Megamania in that the enemy ships attack in waves, each wave a different type of ship. And the enemies approach from the top of the screen scrolling down vertically fairly quickly. The graphics and sound are very well done and the game even has a nice title screen. We'll post screenshots very soon.

..Al

quote:

Hozer Videogames sells most games on cartridge, including the two most recent Ebivision games, so hopefully they will have Allia Quest in the future. You can also buy Combat 2 from Hozer.

Randy & Igor both confirmed that Allia's Quest will be available from Hozer soon.

I picked up a copy at CGE. I am amazed by Ebivision products. I love Allia's Quest. Great gameplay and very good graphics (for a 2600 that is). I have been playing this game almost everyday since coming home from the show. It is a great stress reliever for me after work. It has all the ingredients of a good game. Easy to learn, but hard to master.It has really ballanced gameplay. I hope Igor makes these availble for everone to play. I think it is their best game to date. Although Pesco is really good, but is too damn hard after level 6.