IGNORED

Any idea of the number of Atari items built ?

khryssun

Is there a ressource relating the total number of :

- NTSC VCS 2600 (all models) built

- PAL VCS 2600 (all models) built

- SECAM VCS 2600 (all models) built

- 2600 Cartridges (by title/format)built

?

About the VCS units, does the Serial number may help in this way ?

I doubt there is anyway of really knowing that but for as games i cna say theres probably 12000+ different atari carts out there with label varations titles, formats and case styles. and thats if you had 1 of each . so id say millions and millions of carts i dont think there is anyway of really knowing unless you can get into the atari files, ( sounds like a good name for a game) but now new home brew( if you count those to youll never know. the true amount.

if you ever hear teh amount of different carts by fill me in i can update my list.

quote:

Originally posted by atari70s:

I doubt there is anyway of really knowing that but for as games i cna say theres probably 12000+ different atari carts out there with label varations titles, formats and case styles.

I doubt it's that much... hell, there's only 1500 or so different roms out there on the internet, that would mean there's about 8 variations (on average) for *every* game. I'd guess that there's more like 6000 unique cartridges, including PAL games and all.

--Zero

quote:

Originally posted by jahfish:

12000 or even 6000 is exagerated i think.

Well, you probably know more than I do on this subject... But there are an awful lot of label variations out there, and even more being discovered (Remember the picture label Mini Golf?)... not to mention all the pirate games. Maybe 6000 is a little high, but I'm also thinking that 3000 is a little low. I guess it all depends on how picky you get about label variations (for example, there's about 8 different labels for Combat... though most of them are so similar people don't notice immediately)

--Zero

only reason why i say 12000+ i say for ALL ATARI CARTS 2600,5200,7800,8bit,jaguar,lynx with ALL different label varations and also Copywrite varartions. i have like 4 different ms pacman carts cause of label varations. this is what i was basing 12000+ carts. and on 8 bit carts you have brown and grey cases for games and with brown cases you have both brown and silver labels so there maybe that many correctme if its wrong

ok, i am talking only about atari 2600 items, as we are in the 2600 section here.

and i am not really counting a 1983 and 1986 version as a variation if it's exactly the same label and cart. i am talking about visible differences on the labels .... like imagic titles with and without picture, the HES version and the salu version with text label, maybe some brasilian booties on top ...

quote:

Originally posted by khryssun:

Is there a ressource relating the total number of :

- NTSC VCS 2600 (all models) built

- PAL VCS 2600 (all models) built

- SECAM VCS 2600 (all models) built

- 2600 Cartridges (by title/format)built

?

About the VCS units, does the Serial number may help in this way ?

I don't know... but I'm pretty sure that's a lot!