IGNORED

need to know if there is an interest in a Z26 frontend

Charlie_

My brother is the programmer of the Z26 front end named FEZ26 (Front End for Z26)

FEZ26 Homepage

The current version on FEZ26 works just fine with the newest version of Z26. However, not all the newest options are included. A long story short is a bad hard drive killed the FEZ26 source code. He is considering updating the program to include all the newest options. I think FEZ26 is a great front end. Of course I was the beta tester so I had lots of input.

We would like to know if you people are interested in the program, and would use it, give us feedback and everything before we spend hours upon hours writting and testing again.

Give the current version a try at the link above. Let us know what you think, or what you would like to see changed. Thanks!!

Charlie

Personally I never use it. FEZ allows you to set all the command line switches in easy menus. Its extremely easy to use. click a game press W and you go to the W games....

Playing Warlords? 2 clicks has the paddle along with the paddle speeds all setup. I don't know if Z26 does all this alone, but Fez is a great little program to use.

Charlie

I am interested. As you stated most of the command line stuff is not avail within the emu's menu system itself. Sure the built in menu is easy to get a game started. But you can't really specify other directories to store the roms in...which you can with a front end.

Please, continue the frontend project...

Your right. Although Fez currently only works with the games in the same folder as it. That is something we can work on though for the re-written version. Fez does an awesome little trick with the dir command to list games. (however this kills nt4 and 2k support) I'm already thinking of a box that prompts you for your rom folder on 1st run....

good feedback...thanx.

I'm really interested in the FEZ program. I liked it a lot.

A couple of suggestions for a next version:

1.- The option of using other (or multiple) directories.

2.- Adding an screenshot for game. This is useful in the case you don't know the game's name (more common in Mexico than you would suspect)