IGNORED

Tennis label variation

Parcel

I have that same cart Tempest, RS Tenis name on end label, but not on front, I can't off the top of my head remember what year mine is from, but my version may be a PAL version (it has the rolling screen syndrome). Either that or it's just bad. It would be cool to find out it is PAL, I've never found a PAL cart before (Is there an easy way to tell if it's PAL??) The only problem is, I prefer it to Activision's Tennis, and I really want to play it

My cart is a 1988 version. I've checked it on only one system, so I don't know if it just screen rolls on that one or all of them. Do you think they just kind of got lazy on later pressings and didn't bother putting the RealSports logo on later labels?? As we've seen before, they would mix and match label ends, so I wouldn't put this one past them.

Yeah quality control went out the window somewhere around 86. Just look at all the games that say "For Use With Paddle Controllers". I have no idea why they woudl bothr printing up new labels anyway, why not just use the old ones (why make a new title?). Unless the old print master wasn't available and they had to make a new one.

Who knows for sure? I'd love to talk to someone who worked in Atari's label department in the late 80's and ask what kind of drugs they were on.

Tempest

• Like 1

• 20 years later...