IGNORED

Why is this selling so high???

Joel D. Park

My guess is that this box is really hard to find, and a couple of box collectors got into a bidding war. This can really escalate when an item is in good shape. A loose cartridge just finished for $9.00. So that makes it about $468.00 for a box and manual, heheh. Of course it could be a shill, but I've noticed sometimes games that will go for 10x the cost of a loose cart because it's really hard to find boxed.

someone really, really, really, really wants that box...

The same game and box is part of one of the really huge lots of boxed games as well, and from the image, it doesn't look to be in pristine or uncommonly great shape either.

must be nice to have the cash to throw around.

quote:

Originally posted by Joel D. Park:

Totally insane. The guy selling that game must be dancing around his computer by now.

Something like that happends to me, I brought a Fidelity Chess game for 3 bucks in the thirft, and a guy from Canada offered me $100 dollars righ there with PayPal. Prior to that, a guy from Germany had offered me $70 bucks for the game, I was amazed

I'm a little suspicious of this... I have a feeling the seller isn't going to see that $500. However, both sellers have reasonably high feedback, so I doubt they'd do something stupid like this (I've seen people bit $1,000,000 for Gamecube's before, so who knows)

If Cosmic Swarm was a funner game to play, I wouldn't be *as* surprised at this, but it's really not that great.

--Zero

My guess for this one is that someone said to theirself. I'm going to get this game no matter what. And they just put a fake bid of say 400.00 dollars in.. Never really expecting to pay that. Then someone else comes in and does the same thing and Ebay auto adjusts the price up to above. 400.00.. But I guess these guys could have withdrawn their bids? I dunno. This is just my theory when games sell for these super high amounts.

Heh, this is probably the same thing that happened to me and a Sega CD prototype that was up on ebay a while ago - the 'YOU AIN'T OUTBIDDING ME M****** F*****!!!!' syndrome.

It's soooo easy to get carried away when it's something that you really really want - hell, I managed to pay nearly a week's pay for it

Don't discount the fact that it really could be two people who just really wanted that game and just got carried away.