IGNORED

RCA hookup for 2600

ChristopherD

Seeing as how the VCSp has AV jacks out to a television for big screen gaming, and how the TV Boy and Activision Classics TV Game has the same kind of hookup... my question is, "How do I wire up an Atari 2600 to use standard AV plugs, rather than an RF converter?"

Bonus follow up question: If it's not too terribly difficult, can most older game systems be converted over as well?

Christopher http://homepage.mac.com/christopherdrum

i dont have the stuff to try it, but just get a male cable screw in thingie(i dont know the name, hehe)cut the plug off the atari coord that normally goes to the rf switch, then strip the ends of the wires, and connect them to the male cable screw in thingie, try them in both places.

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU DO THISAND MESS UP/BLOW UP YOUR ATARI, TELEVISION, LITTLE SISTER/LOAF OF BREAD OR ANYTHING ELSE LIKE THAT.

heh, just had to put that incase you did this and it didnt work.

actually, im gonna go try it, i got an assload of stuff in my room i could use...

i'll post again in a few

damn, im so damn tired...i think i got ur question wrong, i almost know i did...

you mean how to make an atari 2600 plug into those 3 holes in the front of the tv?

i cant try it even cause i dont have a tv with 3, just 2...eh oh well, i got some finget excercise in typeing this.

Pitfall Harry - That's exactly what I was looking for. Thank you. It's a wee bit more complicated than I expected, but not too terribly bad. I wonder why Radio Shack doesn't just sell the converter box. They still sell those old VHF ones, and I haven't owned a television in 10 years that supported that connection. It would be cool if they would make a compositive video converter box as well.

Thanks for your help!

Christopher http://homepage.mac.com/christopherdrum

Jeremy Mika from Digital Eclipse has developed a daughterboard for the 2600 that fits between a chip in the 2600. It outputs perfectly, no more fiddling with Pots, etc. Contact me privately if you are interested, I can put anyone here in contact with him.

Mike