IGNORED

New Atari 2600 Jr

XT

Hi all,

This is my first post here and im very happy to be part of all this again, brings back alot of memories. I do have a few 2600's 6 switch and 4 switch, but what im looking for is a atari 2600 jr. I never had one but had the chance to play with one a few years back and i loved the portibility of it. I had a chance to get one a few years ago but passed, how stupid! anyhow, does anybody know where i can get one online or around the buffalo, ny area i even seen a few places online that were selling them new, but they were all sold out and unupdated.

Thanks

Chris

Funny you ask this question, cause I was amazed that one brand new JR. just went off at ebay for over $200 . I couldn't believe how expensive it was. I bought one shrink wrapped and all from best electronics like 2 years ago for $50-60 . Can't remember exact price. They might still have some. I did open it up see it, since I have never seen one before, but I never played it or took it apart or anything. They are pretty cool. I think this is link to best: best electronics

Yes, all the atari 2600 systems are starting to go up in price. I bought a four switch woody system, never opened, from ebay about a year and a half ago for about $65, and a mint in the box JR system for about $70, and the prices just seem to be going through the roof.

EBAY is an overinflated greedfest. If you look at local stores you can probally find most of the stuff on ebay, but cheaper. I think ebay blows basically.. it profits on the greed of others to mkae the higest price possible, and it relys more on bandwith and wealth than luck. If you were to go to say.. a flea market and you were the first person to find a game, and lets say it was 5 dollars.. you could have the game and be happy. on ebay, say you were the first to find the same game, and you bid.. you found it first and you are pretty hopeful it will be yours. but then someone with more money comes and offers more money for it. it was yours first but wealth seems to matter more than luck. The sad thing is some people have no alternitave to ebay and are forced to pay grossly overpriced goods.