IGNORED

Who owns PAL Pengo (black picture label)?

Spirantho

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
Finally I own a PAL Pengo! (Well, I will do when I've finished paying for it!!)

What's the current count of PAL Pengos then?

WOW, where did you get it from? Is it a new one or did you trade with someone?

I think Tom Blair owns one too, as he bought the 1987 re-release on epay.

A fellow AtariAger sold it me, but I won't say who - that's up to him to say!

So we know definitely of 4, and 50% of all known copies are in the YOK-dfa collection. :)

I don't count Lab Loaners, sorry. :)

A fellow AtariAger sold it me, but I won't say who - that's up to him to say!

So we know definitely of 4, and 50% of all known copies are in the YOK-dfa collection. :)

I don't count Lab Loaners, sorry. :)

Well not anymore actually. I have traded my second copy a long time ago. (somehow i suspect you managed to get that one). Does it have a small black sticker over the text "for use with paddle controllers only"? (Dino is using a picture of my second copy as his avatar. Check that in case of doubt)

BTW so far i have been able to track about 6 different copies.

Well not anymore actually. I have traded my second copy a long time ago. (somehow i suspect you managed to get that one). Does it have a small black sticker over the text "for use with paddle controllers only"? (Dino is using a picture of my second copy as his avatar. Check that in case of doubt)

BTW so far i have been able to track about 6 different copies.

It does indeed have that sticker, though I'm not sure if it's the exact same one (from memory the right hand end of the sticker is peeling off a little on mine, but I'm away from it at the moment!)

I think you may be right though!

Like most of the Atari, Corp. releases, it takes some work to track this one down, but I don't believe it's rare. There are at least three variants for this particular label: 1986 "use with paddle..." error, 1986 with a black sticker covering that text, and 1987 with the text omitted.

just out of interest - what sort of price would you expect a pengo to go for? Im trying to gget my head around Pal prices but there is so little information compared to ntsc...

Like most of the Atari, Corp. releases, it takes some work to track this one down, but I don't believe it's rare. There are at least three variants for this particular label: 1986 "use with paddle..." error, 1986 with a black sticker covering that text, and 1987 with the text omitted.

True, but there's only about one or two of each type known, so it's still rare. :)

Given how long it's taken me to find one and how few I've seen, and the fact that less people own one than own Air Raid, I'd class it as rare.

Oh, and I paid more than $150. :)

True, but there's only about one or two of each type known, so it's still rare. :)

Given how long it's taken me to find one and how few I've seen, and the fact that less people own one than own Air Raid, I'd class it as rare.

Oh, and I paid more than $150. :)

That must be some sort of record. I don't think I've ever seen a single loose PAL cart sell for more than $150.

That must be some sort of record. I don't think I've ever seen a single loose PAL cart sell for more than $150.
This one most certainly will:

http://atarimania.com/detail_soft.php?MENU...ERSION_ID=15914

But I don't think it will ever be for sale.

Anyway: it's much rarer than Air Raid and PAL Pengo, that's for sure.

And the only Atari 2600 game nobody seems to know how to play exactly...

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

This one most certainly will:

http://atarimania.com/detail_soft.php?MENU...ERSION_ID=15914

But I don't think it will ever be for sale.

Anyway: it's much rarer than Air Raid and PAL Pengo, that's for sure.

And the only Atari 2600 game nobody seems to know how to play exactly...

8)

It looks a bit like vulture attack only with letters instead of birds

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Just found my Pengo cart again (don't ask :D) and i noticed it's the variation without the 'for use with paddle controller' text. I was wondering if anyone else has this particular variant? It seems the one with the text is more 'common'...