IGNORED

High Score Club Week 13: Reactor

Ze_ro

A very minor improvement - 4987

Here's something to try - move from one side of the playfield to the other. The enemy particles will pick up speed to follow you and if you dodge them when you're at either side of the playfield you should find that they smash into the sides or the reactor rods. Once the reactor has grown in size, try circling around just inside its outside perimeter (avoiding the middle, obviously). If you avoid colliding with the enemy particles you should be able to circle unharmed until all the particles have destroyed themselves. Once all the particles are destroyed be very careful because the reactor immediately shrinks and you may find yourself flying off into one of the walls.

Oh, and since most of the scores are so low just now, I've found that the bonus points you get for the decoys are vital to your overall score, so don't use the decoys at all - it's 1500 points onto your score at the end.

Greetings All

My TIPS:

What method that i use is in the early stages try bumping your enemies into the wall or use a decoy at the top middle and stay to the side as they bang into the wall by trying to kill your decoy. The better way to use your decoys is to put them in the center of the pocket openings before the wave starts because you get more points if they are trapped inside those pockets. When or before the decoys disappear you get yourself near to the opening of the pocket, try to stay there and have your enemies trapped inside of the pocket by bumping back into the pocket this is risky but well worth the effort. For the later stages and when the vortex expands usually stay on the sides and bump either down or up against your enemies its easier to protect yourself in that position rather then at the top or bottom again it must be at the angle sides. When you bump your enemies into the rods like mentioned above the vortex will shrink and you should get extra rods after they all are used up by bumping your enemies into them.

Todd Mr Activision Rogers

Todd Rogers gave you all the right tips. Reactor is one of my better games. On every level I start to build up the score by dropping a decoy inside the bonus chamber, then make sure the enemies stay inside there. I just keep this going until I smash the last enemy by accident. I don't worry about the control rods until the vortex reaches the halfway point.

Running a bit behind.

Ms_PacMan_Patch.gif

My wife is still recovering from surgery. I see she has a few of the patches sitting here by the computer. I had a computer crash. I am in the process of rebuilding all my applications. The data appears to be fine. I have been swamped with work, vacation and a recent PBS documentary about videogames. I will be out in the North Cascades again this week, so I will probably not get around to designing the Reactor patch until next week. Summer months are hard on my gaming activities.

Regards,

-Lee

Dammit. Haven't had time to play over the last couple of days and now I'm really getting left behind. Another tiny improvement, this time to 5426.

At the current rate of improvement I might get up to ten thousand by next October or something.

Can I just say I hate this game?

post-4591-1088784605_thumb.jpg