IGNORED

Essential Elements Missing!

Unbeliever

Hey all. Forgive me for a minute while I rant.....well, I now have my Atari 2600 back and the games that came with it. Also, a friend of mine let me have some extra games that I didn't collect earlier, so everything's looking good so far. Now, to my dilemma. I have no adapter, RF switch, or converter for new televisions! ARGH! Seems that when my friend returned it, he forgot to give me another bag containing the stuff I just mentioned. Yes, the Atari looks good displayed with it's games, but what if I wanted to PLAY it???? Anyone know, in case he NEVER gives those items back to me, where I can purchase the adapter, RF switch, and converter plug? And if not an Atari adapter, which one(s) will work with the system? Thanks all, now back to our regular programming....

Look at Radio Shack or any similar store for an RF switch, they're not terribly expensive ($5-$10). As for a power supply, they're a little less common, so you might want to just pick up one of the universal adapters at the same place you get the RF switch from. Make sure you can set it to 9V, center-tip positive, and make sure one of the heads it has looks exactly like a normal headphone jack, as this is what the Atari uses.

--Zero

Yes, but it's good to know that those options are out there, if I need them. I think my friend is going to drop them off this Saturday. Thanks, though for the heads up. In case he doesn't follow through, I'll know where to go and what my options are.

Or check out the websites of many people who post to these message boards. Many of us have large trade lists and would gladly sell a set of paddles at reasonable (i.e. less than eBay) prices. They also aren't too hard to find at thrift stores / flea markets. It seems that people who usually gobble the rest of the 2600 stuff up to sell on eBay usually pass paddle controllers up for some reason.