IGNORED

High Score Club Week 14: Stampede

Ze_ro

Sku_u

I never said that the High Score Club = Twin Galaxies all i was saying is that since all and everyones efforts on games are GOOD then why not get credit for your efforts after all this is why we play to get credit for our efforts.Im sure that the 5th ghost wants accolades for taking down my Superman time or is he too just playing to be playing? Why don't we ask his opinion about all the times he's played Superman just to see if he would say well its just a game and i don't care if im mentioned. From my observations MOST players want to be recognized with their peers as being just as good if not better then the rest. Then if not better then their peers why not better their personal best. Its what brings out the competitive spirit in us all.

For you having better things to do well ok i understand that and you also said that it was only 1 1/2 hrs of game play thats certainly is not too much time out of your busy schedual. Well i wish you luck on your schooling from your last post it sounds like your leaving us and i hope you don't leave us or this forum because we enjoy ALL of the Players/Gamers out there it is what makes this club what it is.

Todd Mr Activision Rogers

Sku_u

I never said that the High Score Club = Twin Galaxies all i was saying is that since all and everyones efforts on games are GOOD then why not get credit for your efforts after all this is why we play to get credit for our efforts.Im sure that the 5th ghost wants accolades for taking down my Superman time or is he too just playing to be playing? Why don't we ask his opinion about all the times he's played Superman just to see if he would say well its just a game and i don't care if im mentioned. From my observations MOST players want to be recognized with their peers as being just as good if not better then the rest. Then if not better then their peers why not better their personal best. Its what brings out the competitive spirit in us all.  

For you having better things to do well ok i understand that and you also said that it was only 1 1/2 hrs of game play thats certainly is not too much time out of your busy schedual. Well i wish you luck on your schooling from your last post it sounds like your leaving us and i hope you don't leave us or this forum because we enjoy ALL of the Players/Gamers out there it is what makes this club what it is.

Todd Mr Activision Rogers

I'm not going anywhere, Todd. I just won't be posting as much on any message boards over the next three months. ;)

I play games to play games. I've been getting scores higher than the scores posted in most gaming mags dating back to the Atari and NES days. As a kid, I used to read about you and try to match your scores and came close or did so on several occasions. I really enjoy getting high scores and can probably beat some of the records currenty set on the TG website, especially the Galaga score. I just don't care whether or not I receive name recognition for my scores. The second a game gets repetetive and boring, I turn it off regardless of my score or how many times I've flipped it.

My main motivation for joining the HSC in the first place was because I got away from gaming and was concentrating too much on obtaining the next great rare title, rather than on enjoying them, the way I did when I first got back into videogames roughly 4 years ago. I saw this as an opportunity to once again play the games I love playing and plaging, albeit indirectly, against others who enjoyed these games as much as I. I'll continue to play the games each week whenever I have a chance to, but I will not be posting any more scores.

Chances are there is a one hour time difference between Sku_u and Zero. Besides. I don't remember anyone complaining about anything since Gravitar, and that was several weeks ago.

So what's the big deal about posting a score?

It's kinda hard to cheat and get a head start cause no one knows what the next game is gonna be anyways.

Mt $0.02 on the subject being a TG Referee also - These are for fun and my hope would be folks who start doing well would consider submitting some scores to TG to challenge to gaming community as a whole.

For myself publishing a screenshot on any of these HSC's shows common courtesy to other players. That would be my only suggestion to sku_u who has posted some truly great scores (mine, not so great ;) ).

Now,

Lets get back to our regulary scheduled HSC game of the week :) - Dont forget about the 8bit computer contest as well, we could use a few more players.

I'm sure the one hour time difference is the explanation for all this trouble. I've only been part of the HSC for a couple of weeks but it'd be a shame to lose one of the best players. Sku_u, I hope you have time to play and post your scores over the coming weeks.

Anyway, back to the game. This is yet another of those ones where practice makes perfect, and after a few more games today I've improved to 3034.

post-4591-1089084201_thumb.jpg

...can take down all my scores as I'm no longer interested in taking part in this club.
...Unless I'm mistaken, the times assigned to posts made in the Atari Age forums are not stamped based upon their sender's origin time, but rather the time maintained on your server side...
Someone that checked the server[/i]]"You are right, all posts are time-stamped according to the current time on the server. It does not matter where someone is."

08:08 - 07:44 = :thumbsdown:

ò¿ó   smiling_to_atariage.gif

...can take down all my scores as I'm no longer interested in taking part in this club.
...Unless I'm mistaken, the times assigned to posts made in the Atari Age forums are not stamped based upon their sender's origin time, but rather the time maintained on your server side...
Someone that checked the server[/i]]"You are right, all posts are time-stamped according to the current time on the server. It does not matter where someone is."

08:08 - 07:44 = :thumbsdown:

ò¿ó   smiling_to_atariage.gif

7:44, 08:08? Where are you getting those numbers from?

Mine says 2:44, and 03:08 respectively.

As allowed in the Profile settings, posts appear to me in the GMT zone. So if it's 02:44/03:08 or 07:44/08:08, it's still 24 minutes.

And if you'll look here, you'll also notice that other posts were made during that time, including one with a reasonably nice quality digital photo which was posted two minutes after Ze_ro's announcement post. :thumbsdown:

ò¿ó   smiling_to_games-2.gif

As allowed in the Profile settings, posts appear to me in the GMT zone. So if it's 02:44/03:08 or 07:44/08:08, it's still 24 minutes.

And if you'll look here, you'll also notice that other posts were made during that time, including one with a reasonably nice quality digital photo which was posted two minutes after Ze_ro's announcement post. :thumbsdown:

ò¿ó   smiling_to_games-2.gif

I was not disputing any points in regards to the number of minutes. Just curious about the times you mentioned.

And if you'll look here, you'll also notice that other posts were made during that time

Well, I was willing to give sku_u the benefit of the doubt, since I can't imagine why he'd want to cheat, but this part definitely seems odd... whether it took you 24 minutes or an hour and 24 minutes, how on earth did you manage to post four other messages within that time? :?

The whole idea of not allowing scores from the past is to get people to give the game some attention, even if they totally mastered it in the past...

2107, that's on my GBA at work, activision anthlogy.

I hate to say this, but one of the rules here is that scores from modern compilations like that can't be accepted. Too many of them are either poorly emulated, or just rewritten, which is enough to affect how things score. Feel free to practice on Activision Anthology, but only scores from a real 2600 or a legitimate emulator will count. Sorry.

on level 1 I got 1,710.

on level 5 I got 432

Uh... that's great, but we're actually playing on level 4...

--Zero

Mt $0.02 on the subject being a TG Referee also - These are for fun and my hope would be folks who start doing well would consider submitting some scores to TG to challenge to gaming community as a whole.

For myself publishing a screenshot on any of these HSC's shows common courtesy to other players.  That would be my only suggestion to sku_u who has posted some truly great scores (mine, not so great ;)  ).

Now,

Lets get back to our regulary scheduled HSC game of the week :) - Dont forget about the 8bit computer contest as well, we could use a few more players.

Hey there... I thought you were outta town this week.. :D

We could always use more 8-bitters over in the 8-bit HSC.

This is a great game for a scoring challenge! I used to totally ignore it.. I mean, how attractive is a COWBOY themed game to us who were totally enamoured with star wars and everything "space" at the time? :lol:

However when Activitision Anthology came out my whole opinion of this game changed. It's friggin challenging! I wonder if I gave it a chance back in the day how I'd find it. But this is indeed a great game that I understimated. :D