IGNORED

Raiders Of The Lost Ark Question

Ze_ro

I've been playing Raiders quite a bit lately, and have been trying to beat it myself without too much outside help, but I've been unable to figure out how to get any farther at the moment, so if someone can help me out without giving away too much information (try to be subtle... I'd rather not be given a complete walkthrough), that would be great.

Here's the problem: I can get to the other side of the mesa field easily enough, which leads to a thin "bridge". Problem is when I get across this bridge, I just end up in a black room with 5 thieves running around, and when I try to leave this room, I just fall into the Valley of Poison! After reading the hints in the manual, it says I need the right object to get into the Map Room... now, am I right in thinking that the Map Room is what I *would* have entered from the thin bridge instead of this black room, assuming I had brought the right object with me? I'm also assuming that the necessary object is randomized between games... is there any way to find out what object is needed, or is it just trial and error?

Also, how do you get past the lunatic in the black market? I assume I'm supposed to give him something to keep him from killing me, but where am I supposed to drop/use the object to attempt to "give" it to him? I've been trying different combinations of positions/items, but to no avail.

Thanks for any help,

--Zero

I'll give you a hint and I'll try not to give too much away. The map room is connected to the room with the thin bridge, but not in the way you are thinking. Yes you do need a certain object to enter and you have to be in the correct location to enter. Hope you have fun with this game. I really enjoyed playing it.

Well if you did not want to know then i'm sorry but, you need the amulet when you enter the map room, and when you do, you need to check the clock to make sure it is 12:00 so you can see in the map room which mesa hill you have to go to, to find the ark.

(Good luck).

I might be slightly off as my memory of that game is faded... But to get to the map room, you have to move to the empty rectangular area to the right off the thin bridge you describe. It's the gap about the width of Indy. As a matter of fact, that IS the maproom I think.

Basically, it looks like you would fall off the bridge, but if you're holding that "right object" you'll be floating on air so to speak

let me know if I'm wrong

Ah, cool... thanks for the tips Unfortunately, I don't have time to try them out now, as I'm really supposed to be working on my communications assignment... though this also means that I don't have time for posting on message boards, yet here I am anyways....

I think my main problem with Raiders is that the graphics really need explanation before you know what they actually are! I had no idea what anything in the marketplace was until I read the manual.

--Zero