IGNORED

Suggestions for Cleaning???

conda

Take it apart as best as you can and wash it with some soapy water. It's not going to go away by itself as the smoke seems to create an invisible tar-like layer on objects that you physically have to clean off.

As for the manuals, I don't know. Perhaps leave them out in the open for a few days.

For the computer and drive I scrubbed it with soap and water, then scrubbed it with rubbing alcohol, then wipped it with fabreeze, and finally armor all wipes. Most of the smell is gone, but they are still yellowish. :(

I'm gonna try the baking soda trick for the books and see if that works for them. Good idea. I'm willing to try anything.

The yellowing is probably from exposure to sunlight and wont wash off.

You can lighten it up by using a chemical that will dissolve the surface of the plastic just a little, enough to get some of the yellowest layer off.

Just take a rag and put some xylene or acetone on it, rub it over the yellow parts until they start to lighten up, then clean it off completely with soap and water.

Careful with that stuff though, it will happily mess up your skin the same way it melts the plastic.

Steve