IGNORED

Mailing carts: media mail?

ratfink

Has anyone ever sent cartridges through the mail as media mail? Do they meet the restrictions or is this a no-no? Post Office says "computer-readable materials" count so does this include carts? Just wondering if the Post Office would give me a hard time with this.

I only recently learned about Media Mail when I sold a bunch of books via Half.com. It's my understanding that as long as it's computer-readable media you should be able to send it via Media Mail. I certainly think cartridges would fall under this umbrella. I have no idea how slow Media Mail is, though, since I've never been on the receiving end of a Media Mail transaction.

..Al

I sent three books out on the same day to three people at the same address. The first book was sent the morning of Monday, September 24. The other two were sent that afternoon. All were going to a destination less then ten miles away and all were shipped via Media.

The first book arrived two days later. The other two haven't gotten there yet.