IGNORED

New Games with the Atari-Brand

Mister VCS

I am not exicted about the new Infogrames-

titles for the PS2 with the Atari-Logo.

There is nothing Atari in this game-boxes.

Infogrames and Hasbro did the same cheap

thing- putting the Atari-Logo on there

own games. The original Atari was a famous

hard- and software developer- the Coca-Cola

of Videogames.

It would be better for the big Atari-name

to dissapear for ever than printing the

logo on some stupid Hasbro or Infograme-titels. My dream is a Atari-comeback with

the money of TimeWarner in Sunnyvale with

some old Atari-programmers.

THIS IS ATARI - not the stickers on french

Infogrames-Titles!

th

quote:

Originally posted by spider-ham:

You can see they have been staffing up. But it will be another year before we see anything.

Yeah, if they're just starting a new studio then it'll take some time to ramp up and actually produce something. Even creating relatively simple action games is time consuming. Nothing like developing games on the Atari 2600. Now, if they instead bring over an existing project (or projects), then they might be able to pump something out of that office much sooner. The fact that they are starting this branch means we'll probably see Atari-branded games for some time to come. Or at least until the next company comes along and purchases the Atari name.

..Al

I think Hasbro did a pretty good job of limiting the Atari brand to only certain genre of titles.

I think Infogrames is jumping the gun by slapping the logo on games that are otherwise indistinguishable from any other.

I don't think the brand makes any sense unless the games are significantly different from the mainstream. They don't necessarily have to be retro, but they have to be unique.

i think it sucks too .... although i found it quite interesting to work for them eventually ...

while i don't care of those PS games, i'd love to have worked for atari labs. ;-D

i think they should release a retro-style console with a simplified PS board inside and a cartridge as memory card, and then have all their retro-titles (i mean those for the playstation) built-in. that would be a hot item.

I think it's great to see new games with the Atari label... it's like Atari is back to life. Although I can see your point about creativity and originality. Kinda makes me wonder what kinds of games Atari would be making if they were still around right now... they still had tons of creativity flowing even as late as the Jaguar (Attack of the Mutant Penguins anyone?)

--Zero