IGNORED

Heads Up! Site Moving This Weekend!!

Albert

I know this is off topic here, but since it's the busiest message board I figured this would be a good place to post this so most people would see it.

I just wanted to give a heads-up to everyone here that a few weeks ago we leased a Dedicated Server for AtariAge and we are going to transfer the domain name to the new site this weekend. When this happens, we're going to take the message boards down on the old site (this one) and put the boards up on the new site. No messages will be lost, but the boards will probably be down for a few hours while we move them and make sure they're running without problems on the new server. We've already done this once, but we just want to make sure everything's fine before everyone starts pounding on it.

We will post news on the front page when this happens, along with the IP address of the new server so people can bookmark it while the domain name propogates throughout the net (which will take several days).

Alex and I are excited about the new server, as it will allow us to quickly expand the site to cover new systems. In addition, we have tons of other content we've had to hold off on because of disk space issues, so we'll be able to get all that online in the coming months. And thankfully, bandwidth should never be an issue again (I'd be amazed if it ever rears its ugly head, at any rate).

We have taken advantage of this situation to make numerous improvements to the site. Many are minor, but there are some significant changes as well. Including one major addition that will be evident as soon as you load up the new site.

..Al