IGNORED

Back to Indenture

Trebor

My friend has just apparently, 'beat' Indenture - Game 4 (Within 5 businees Days - Not bad huh?) He played verison 1.5, which is linked on this message board. I did see listings of version 1.7 on the net, but no good links.

Anyway, using version 1.5, playing Game 4, this is what he did:

1. Placed the numbers (1-4), in correct order, on the Four 'Chairs' in the Green castle.

2. Placed the blinking key on the table, in the center of these chairs.

3. Doing the above opened new set of boards to the Challace (sp?). Took Challace back to the appropriate castle.

Now, here's where it got tricky. Before placing the Challace into the castle, he saved the game. He was about to go searching for what I understood to be, a mysterious 'different' board. However, my friend decided first to put the Challace into the castle. When he did this the screen flashed and the game locked.

Fine, no biggie. Apparently, that was the end of the game (He won). So, my friend decided to just Load a saved game up and then try to find that 'mysterious' board before placing the challace inside the castle.

No good. Every saved game he tried loading up didn't work. The board/screen of where he saved would pop-up, but your character (the cursor) is no where to be found.

However, fortunatly, one of his saved games was at the board where the new author put his 'mark' (ie Name, created by, etc). On this board was everything that was there before..PLUS the Atari Logo and the game 'Race Drivin'' on top of the author's 'mark'.

Questions:

Is that truly the end of Indenture (Game 4)?

Is this Author's mark/Race Drivin'/Atari logo mark the 'mysterious/different' board that you're suppose to discover?

Thanks,

Trebor

Wow! That's really weird. I just beat both Levels 4 and 5 (and didn't have to do it the way you described) but nothing like that happened. I'm working to unravel the secrets of this game, so I'll keep my eye out for these bizarre instances.

(Hey, Nukey Shay, now I know what those numbers do!)

Spellunking Stan

I think you may have stumbled on what might be a bug in dealing with saved games, but I'm not sure. I did notice that after I won a game, if I loaded another that it may not work properly. I don't know if the bug still exists in version 1.7.

The reward for going beyond simply bringing the chalice back to the starting castle is an Atari logo. There's even a bit more in game 5. However, the logo should appear in the inner room of the starting castle.

I'm playing on version 1.5 and i just experimented with different ways of beating the game. Although NOTHING has happened with those stupid numbers (maybe I'm not putting them on the right "chairs?" What order did your friend use?)

As for the loading glitch, it happened to me. I beat the game, and then tried to reload the same file. When I did, whammo, no square! However, I totally quit out of the game and then restarted and loaded the same game and whammo! my square was back. (All of this took place on the VGR screen, but no Atari symbol or anything else...)

I'm still working.....

Stan

My friend tried restarting toady. And sure enough, it worked. Again, all his saved games are before the challace is placed inside the castle. He's going to do more exploring. I'll let you know if he comes across anything else.

He also informed me that he's not 100% sure that the placing of the numbers on the 'supposed' chairs opened the room to the challace. He is certain, though, that the room where he found the Challace wasn't originally accessible. He is assuming that the numbers did it. Then again, perhaps it was just bringing the blinking key to the Green castle - or something else.

-Trebor

Update: My friend placed all the numbers in the inner room of the first castle (yellow). The Atari logo with the game 'Hydra' appears.

Interestingly, when he tries to load to any of his previous games, the Atari logo and 'Hydra' appears on all saved game screen (Unlike the Atari logo/Race Drivin'' version) with the same lock-up as before.

Once again (as before), when exiting the game, everything is back to normal.

AND - yet another Easter Egg...

Place all the numbers with the yellow key in the same room you get the Atari Logo with the game 'Video Pinball'.

With the Black Key, and all the numbers you get the Atari Game 'Rampart' with the logo.

With both the Black and Yellow key with all the numbers you get the game 'Xevious'.

The bridge with all the numbers gives you the game 'football'...

***HOWEVER, WE'VE DISCOVERED THAT THE NAME OF THE GAME IS RANDOM - NOT DEPENDENT ON WHAT ITEMS ARE IN THE ROOM***

My friend restarted the game, placed the bridge with all the numbers in the room and this time the game was DIFFERENT. 'Assault'.

The questions now are:

How many Atari games are listed?

How random is the Game Name? (We have yet to see a repeat of a title)

What is the random listing dependent upon? (Restarting? What has already been seen?)

My friend, is going to try MANY of the different possible combinations. Perhaps we will be able to put together a definite list...

I'll keep posting updates with new discoveries.

-Trebor

Trebor, you people are great! I'm going to try what you are doing and see how many different games I can come up with!

Does it matter what room you put the items in?

(By the way, when I beat Level 5, the chalice was just sitting in the first room of the green castle.)

I'm almost finished with my mapping endeavor. Your discoveries have got me to thinking about compiling a (believe it or not) Indenture Strategy Guide, complete with maps, solutions and secrets. Is this a good idea or am I just over-excited?

Strategy Stan

GREAT IDEA!!! Stan Jr.

Here's a list of games we have seen listed so far. And yes, some have repeated. Thee's seems to be no order to the randomness. The only factor that must be present is all four numbers (1-4) have to be in the room.

Games are listed in alphabetical order:

720(degrees)

Assault

Asteroids

Battlezone

Blasteroids

Breakout

Centipede

Championship Sprint

Crystal Castles

Cyberball 2072

Dig Dug

Escape From the Planet of the Robot Monsters

Fast Freddie

Final Lap

Final Lap 2

Food Fight

Football

Galaga '88

Gauntlet

Gauntlet 2

Gravitar

Hard Drivin'

Hydra

I, Robot

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

Klax

Marble Madness

Millipede

Missile Command

Night Driver

Packrat

Pac-Mania

Paperboy

Pit Fighter

Pole Position

Pole Position II

Race Drivin'

Rampart

Reactor

Roadrunner

Rolling Thunder

Space Duel

Space Lords

Sprint

Star Wars

Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back

Staw Wars: Return of the Jedi

Steel Talons

STUN Runner

Super Sprint

Tempest

Tetris

TX-1 (??? What the heck game is this ???)

Video Pinball

Vindicators

Warlords

Xevious

Xybots

Again, these are all the games *CONFIRMED* to be listed. Obviously, there are all Atari Arcade titles.

Now the question is, "Does he list every Atari Arcade game ever made?"

BTW, what the heck is TX-1?

-Trebor

WOW! That is a ton of game titles. I'm going to start my list tonight, we'll compare notes.

I'm 90% done with the exterior mapping. Do you think I should also map the interiors of the castles? (I'm not going to map the "invisible" mazes, they are usually only a couple of screens and easy to navigate, plus I'd like there to be some discovery left to the player)

Strategic Stan

This cat named Craig Pell (I think), took the Adventure code and did some SERIOUS adding to. He added 2 new levels, 2 new castles, 1 new dragon and some other seriously cool things.

The first 3 levels are just like Adventure that we know and love, a nice safe 30 screen environment, however the last two add around 270 more screens and mazes that will drive you totally nuts. Its a blast to play and the new difficulty settings make it a real challenge!

There is a link around this board somewhere, if I find it, I'll move it over here.

Hey Trebor, I beat level 5 today with all the numbers in the yellow castle and got something REALLY cool. I won't ruin it, but I suggest you and your friend give it a go.

Cheers, Stan

Raccoon Lad- Thanks for link! :-)

StanJr,

Add:

Fire Fox

Major Havoc

To the list.

Question:

You said there are 2 new castles. However, so far we have only discovered 4:

Original:

Yellow

White

Black

New:

Green

What is the 5th (new castle) you where referring to? The instructions (Press F1 - while playing indenture), also only mention one new castle.

-Trebor

[ 10-03-2001: Message edited by: Trebor ]

*UPDATE*:

In Game 5.

Okay, found the second 'new' castle (Blinking/Silver).

Go inside that castle. Once your reached the northern most, green room with an X and Left side wall, bring the Large Dot needed to cross (As well as the two items). Crossing over brings you to....

*INDENTURE OPENING TITLE SCREEN*

You actually travel through the word 'Indenture'. My friend has tried using the bridge to cross over (Both Up and Down). Mostly moving outside the 'title maze' just garbles the graphics. However, going up through the 't' in 'Indenture' brings you to the 1st Yellow castle. BECAREFUL! You can not return back to the title screen (Good thing my friend saved before exploring this).

My friend has all the numbers (1-4). Can't seem to find the chalice though...

-Trebor

PS Is the blinking/silver castle in Game 4? As you know, my friend beat Game 4 without ever finding/entering a silver/blinking castle (Although he did find the silver/blinking key).

***GAME 5 COMPLETED****

My friend just beat level 5.

So you give the 8 digit number and perhaps you'll get a T-Shirt. You think Craig Pell still gives them out? Wonder if 12 have done it? Is there a list of names?

-Trebor

WOW! Did not know about that title screen secret! Yes, the map for 4 and 5 are the same, everything (items) is just random in 5.

The bat got loose on my level 4, so I'm having trouble tracking down the #4, but thanks for the new game title additions. Hopefully, I'll have my list started tonight.

By the way, out of curiosity, what number did you get when you beat 5?

What about mapping the castle mazes? Green and Flashing castle mazes are VERY VERY deep, but rarely is there anything in there. Would a map be helpful, or just a waste of time and effort?

(did you say you got the Chalice from the Green castle in level 4) I can't remember where I got it, but I think it was on the second or third screen inside the Green Castle)

Lost in a maze, Stan

quote:

Originally posted by Trebor:

So you give the 8 digit number and perhaps you'll get a T-Shirt. You think Craig Pell still gives them out? Wonder if 12 have done it? Is there a list of names?

I solved game 5 about five or six years ago. I wrote to Mr. Pell and gave him my address at the time. He said that due to expense he was waiting until all 12 people had sent their names in so he could have all the shirts made at once.

I haven't seen a shirt yet.

GAH! I have lost the number 4 on level 4! I found it the first time I beat it, but now I cannot find it again! The bat is safely tucked away in the Black Castle, so I know he didn't move it. Does anybody know its starting location for this level? I'm trying to place all items in their starting locations for the "strategy guide" I am compiling. I think I've looked everywhere, but clearly I have missed something. Help?

Now really lost in the maze, Stan

According to the README file. The only differences are VERY minor (Like a different E-mail address for the guy).

However, when I tried to play it on WindowsME (a difficult task I assure you) the joystick controls were all wonky. Guess I'll have to stick to 1.5.

Answering my own question, Stan

Hey. Anybody know why I go into the invisible maze inside the green castle, carrying an object and the screen flashes? I have EVERY item save for the #4. i took the magnet in and NOTHING was drawn to it. I've tried the bridge, but can find no doorless rooms. What is hiding in there?

Update: The mapping is finally done! I'm trying to finish up compiling secrets and such. Then I'll put up a website so everyone who wants the solution and maps can get them.

I'm working my off this weekend to get all the information together. There are a few secrets I'm still trying to ferret out, like what i mention in my last post about the green castle. The maps are done, but I need to get them into a drawing program and clean them up a little (they are hand drawn, believe me screen-shot maps would be a headache for me and you). I'm looking at first of next week (10.15.01) at the earliest. I've still to get the actual site registered and all.

After the Indenture/Adventure maps, I'm going to begin work on the definitive Private Eye strategy guide.

Thanks for the interest!

Stan