IGNORED

High Score Club Week 19: Midnight Magic

Ze_ro

Oh, and here's some tips of my own:

• If you miss the ball somehow, and it ends up bouncing into the gutter lane, lift the paddle on the side the ball is on, and occaisionally, it might end up bouncing back up onto the paddle on the opposite side. This has only ever worked for me when I already had the center post up, but it's saved me a couple of balls that I was sure I'd lost.

[*]If you knock down some drop targets, but still haven't hit the one with the arrow... and then hit either the spinner or the two side ramps, you might end up leaving the arrow pointing at a drop target that is already down. When this happens, you can't actually get the center post and side knockers until you get the arrow pointing at an existing drop target, so hit the spinner as soon as possible in this case.

--Zero

Few things i wanted to point out. One, the most annoying thing in the world in this game is when the ball goes down one of the chutes next to your flippers, bounches up above your flipper and right into the hole, beyond the centerpost. Two, I kinda noticed that all the games lately have been not having Todd Rogers in 1st. Like that's gonna stop him from maxing out the score  :P

I dunno what you have been smoking. Todd has gotten 1st in like the last 3 or 4 HSC's..

Few things i wanted to point out. One, the most annoying thing in the world in this game is when the ball goes down one of the chutes next to your flippers, bounches up above your flipper and right into the hole, beyond the centerpost. Two, I kinda noticed that all the games lately have been not having Todd Rogers in 1st. Like that's gonna stop him from maxing out the score  :P

I dunno what you have been smoking. Todd has gotten 1st in like the last 3 or 4 HSC's..

I meant in the twin galaxies list next to the high score list.

9,125. And I shan't play this silly game any further, so that's a final score.  

I hope you mean that as far as this competition goes...being on difficulty B, it can be a lot more fun, here it can be insanely frustrating.

(Now, if we were playing the original VCS pinball, I'd be topping a million.  :twisted:)

Big whup, so would probably 50 of us, myself included ;)

Well, as the points were racking up, I was hoping to break 700,000, but that was not meant to be tonight, but it's still about a 150,000 point improvement from my first entry on here.

A couple more tips:

As was mentioned earlier, a lot of the time the ball will bounce around and won't even hit any targets that are worth any points, and as was also previously mentioned, if you don't hit the ball right when it's going towards a flipper, you're usually going to lose it. So, try banking the ball a lot if you don't have a sure shot for the top of the playfield (in order to try to get an extra ball) or to hit another drop target (for the bonus multiplier), causing it to bounce off of something and head for the direction of one of the drop targets or one of the corner loops.

Also, sometimes a "soft" hit can work, particularly with the top flippers: a lot of the time you can hit one of the targets that are above and diagionally behind the flipper, which will cause the ball to bounce right back down to the flipper, giving you the opportunity for another shot.

post-3650-1092199938_thumb.jpg

Greetings All,

Well i thought i would get as much gaming in as i could concidering we here in Florida have two concerns reguarding Tropical Storms Bonnie and Charley to possiably be upgraded to hurricanes in a few days. Here is this weeks submission from me of 999,995 on Midnight Magic and yes it does ROLL at a Million Pts.

Todd Mr Activision Rogers

post-1920-1092204708_thumb.jpg

What a bloody morning...

First game, I roll the score - only to notice afterwards I've been playing on game B. :x :dunce:

Since then I've had about ten games where I've gotten 200,000 or more with my first ball, only to see the rest disappear one after the other.

Anyway, finally managed to improve my score (marginally) to 402330.

post-4591-1092247242_thumb.jpg

Argh! I haven't even been able to get half of my previous score... haven't had a lot of luck lately. The ball seems to have a bad habit of bouncing funny when it comes down through the side lanes, and then bouncing over my flipper when I try to hit it. I guess the trick to try to watch it's bounces and hit the flipper when the ball is at it's lowest, otherwise you might "whiff" and the ball will just bounce past it and into the gutter. This sort of prevents the standard pinball strategy of shooting the ball off the edge of the flipper unfortunately.

I still think this game has impressive ball physics. It's no Time Shock or even a Pinball Fantasies... but hell, we're talking about a 2600 game here!

--Zero