IGNORED

Post the centerpiece of your collection here.

King Atari

Well I sold off most of my collection about 4 years ago when I bought my house. But Im like Pitbull and have a thing for unopened boxes. I think at that time my fav was an un-opened Imagic "No Escape" With a joystick offer sticker on the shrinkwrap. (Thats how I knew it had never been opened.) Now with my collection diminished. (I have about 91 different loose carts mostly commons and about 20 boxed) I guess my favorite is an unopened copy of "Bugs"... Yeah its pitiful aint it? Non cart stuff is my collection of old video game magazines. I like to page thru them every now and again. Also I have a non-working joystick shaped like the Colecovision super-controllers that I havent been able to identify. It was made by Mastertronic and had a pistol grip bottom with the joystick sticking out the top with one button behind the joystick that you pushed with your thumb...Thats pretty cool...If only it worked.

I think the most impressive thing I have is my copy of Maxi 15 for the NES. I'm not a big NES collector, but as I understand it, this is amung the rarest games for it. Sadly, none of my Atari stuff is terribly rare. My Spike's Peak/Artillery Duel is the highest at a measly 6.

My dreams of finding a Vectrex or Chase the Chuckwagon go unfulfilled...

--Zero

Well it would be my Vectrex. If I didn't sell it a few years ago!!

I guess it would have to be my 2600 Sega Tapper cart. Very fun game. Almost 7800/NES quality graphics and good gameplay to boot!!

Still looking for a "wild" copy of Pitfall2!

-Rick

My prized collection would be a boxed Children Discovery System with many games, most CIB. Almost no one remember these and almost nothing was mentioned of this on the internet. Even Mattewl doesn't remember it despite giving them the model # and product #.

It was my first girlfriend that would start me on a love/hate relationship with computers for the next 20 years.

I guess the centerpiece of my collection is what used to be a little oddity that I found in Arizona.

I have three of the Xante cartridges from Tulsa, OK, which until a few weeks ago I had no idea what they were or how rare they are...

Otherwise it was a non-Atari find I had at an antique mart — a boxed, complete Congo Bongo for the Intellivision.

I'm still after Texas Chainsaw and Halloween, which will allow me to finally play the games I couldn't get as a kid

I too feel like tempest so many hard to say

i do have that 8 bit Mogul Maniac noone knwos too much about i love. also Crazy Climber is nice. shuttle orbiter is a GEM since it is so mint.And also i got that wierd 2600 that i need to send to Curt when hes ready but so many oddities i dont knwo if you woudl consider all prize centerpieces but that 8 bit Mogul Maniac is a real head scratcher

I used to have two Chase the Chuckwagons as well as some pretty weird systems, including the APF-1000 Imagination Station (I think that's what it was called...?) and the Emerson Arcadia 2001.

Right now, the coolest items in my video game collection would have to be the Samba de Amigo controllers and the Game Gear Frogger prototype, which is still in Arizona. As for the 2600, well, I don't own all the cartridges I used to... those Chase the Chuckwagons are long gone now. I guess I'd have to say Solar Fox just because it's one of those rare 2600 games that's better than its arcade counterpart. The simplicity makes it more exciting than the coin-op game, which was bogged down with a lot of confusing, unnecessary features.

JR

It's the Imagination Machine. I've been looking for one of those beasts to put my MP-1000 in. I have a Arcadia as well, it's a really underrated system. The original games were pretty crappy, but the oddball arcade games they made for it are awesome!

Tempest

Hehe...not much in my collections either..but here are some of my prized ones.

2600: StarWars:TAG and Track n Field

5200: Rescue on Fractalus w /inst. I just won off ebay for $15.

7800: The unit itself is modded to play pal games and dump 2600/7800 carts to my PC. For games I would say my carts of Rampage,Double Dragon and then the following i got for 3 bucks each, Mat Mania,Ninja Golf, and Commando.

NES: My Boxed MicroMachines and Complete Dragon Warrior 1.

SNES: My CIB Chrono Trigger

Genesis: Gunstar Heroes, Shining Force 2, etc...my Genny collection is almost as large as my 2600 collection so there is too many to list for favs...

Intellivision: Happy Trails

ColecoVision: Popeye and Frogger because they are so much fun to play!!!