IGNORED

Large vs Small Atari Manuals

Tempest

quote:

Originally posted by Tempest:

Missile Command and Video Pinball also exist as small white manuals. They look exactly the same as the large white manuals, but are the size of the small black manuals. Very odd...

Yeah, I've always wondered about those. I don't even think those are worth scanning and putting online since they're so similar. I'll have to go through them to see if they differ in any other ways.

..Al

quote:

I'll check on my manuals when I get home. I think I may have one not on the list. I'll also scan you that odd Crystal Castles manual I have.

I believe I have two Crystal Castles manuals, one in color and one in B&W. You're right, it's a rather strange manual. I don't have it handy at the moment and it's not one of the manuals I've scanned yet. I would hold off on scanning it for now, as Alex and I are going to first deplete our 2600 manual collection and then we'll create a list of all the 2600 manuals we need (which will be easy just using the site.. )

However, if you'd like to scan it I'll gladly throw it online so everyone can see it now, rather than waiting for me to get all these 2600 manuals online. I already have roughly 100 processed and uploaded to the site, I just need to write some code so individual games can have multiple manuals. Those should go online this weekend if I'm lucky. I'm also busy working on another cool feature that I'm not going to give away just yet.

..Al

quote:

My CC manual is in the same red color that the later 2600 manuals were, but it's the size of large white manual.

I'm pretty sure I have this, but go ahead and scan it and I'll put it online. If I remember it's only four pages (one sheet of paper folded once). I could be wrong, though.

..Al

quote:

Originally posted by atari70s:

i must say if we start in with varationsi got a odd phenoix. ( oh no not again ) but i have seen different B&W pic big white manuals as well as color . does that matter on this list?

I'm keeping track of the B&W manuals just so I know what's out there, but I'm in no big rush to get those scanned. First we'll get as many 2600 manuals online for as many different games as possible. Then we'll start worrying about variations. The only variations I'm really concerned with right now are the Black vs. White Atari manuals, all of which will go online initially.

..Al