IGNORED

50 Worst Atari 2600 Games Ever

Radio F Software

:P Ive got this bright idea to start running these "50 Most" things like on VH1. Anyways, they're all hosted on my homepage and this current one is about the 50 worst games for the Atari 2600 ever. :D Anyways, if you would like to pitch in and help me out then the link is right here. www.geocities.com/teampsygnosis/mainpage.html

When it comes time to unviel the 50 Worst Ill be sure to keep yall informed about it!! :D

You can still post your nominations here, but itll be more work on me to grab all the info from 2 sites.[/url]

Errrrrr....What's funny is most folks that pan E.T. are just doing it because they've heard all their lives that E.T. is the worst game ever. (these are the folks we call followers...as opposed to leaders...or sheep if you will)

Try playing the game (for more than 30 seconds) before you talk bad about it. E.T. Is by far no where close to being the worst game on the 2600. No matter what your considering.

All you "sheep" give E.T. a real honest to goodness chance. Read the manual. Take the 2 minutes to master the pits. You will be glad you did...and so will the rest of us, cuz we wont have to listen to your BS comments.

I thank you, and E.T. thanks you. 8)

E.T. may be the worst game in terms of its failure to meet expectations. But it's certainly far from the worst game.

(Pac-Man's nowhere near the top of the list either.)

The thing is, there were many obscure manufacturers whose games were all such complete crap that you could fill the list easily with titles most of us have never played!

To make a list like this interesting, I think it SHOULD focus on the well-known, often-played games, from the "big" manufacturers. Games that got hype they couldn't possibly live up to. (In other words, who really cares if Bobby Goes Home is a piece of crap?)

Hmmmm I cant come up with 50 of the worst.

There's alot to consider when commenting on games from that time period...including how much the programmers knew at that point...Like nothing.

Some folks would say Outer Space sucks hard...I'd say, anyone that could come up with even an attempt at a 1st person outer space game at that time was alright in my book. Plus those funky background noises?? AWESOME!!

My feeling is the Swordquest games are some of the worst..... They SHOULD have been able to do SO much better at that time, but chose to rely on a gimmic over actual gameplay and left the gamers with a truely CRAP series of games.

Other games I was never crazy about....

Laser Blast (even back then it was boring)

Space Jockey (we already had Defender did we really need this boring dribble)

Maybe one of the Video Checkers....Just cuz we didnt need two different versions of the same game.

Geezus christ. You would think the average 2600 afficionado would realize that E.T. is by far not the worst 2600 game but I guess that's still not the case :P

The logic being (as stated ad nauseum by countless people on these boards over the years) that while E.T. isn't all that great a game, there are a LOT MORE smelly stinkers on the 2600. The 2600 just naturally always had it's bad commercially released games done by fly by night 80's entrepeneurs and HSW's E.T. outshines a hell of a lot of them. It's just the facts jack. ;)

Susuwatari is hereby damned to doing an A/B comparison of E.T. to Skeet Shoot... for eternity!! :D (sku_u, you stay out of this)

• 2 weeks later...