IGNORED

High Score Club Week 24: Tapper

Ze_ro

Important note: This weeks competition is over. If you still wish to discuss this game, then feel free to do so, but no further scores will be accepted. Thanks to everyone for all their contributions! Please join in on the latest High Score Club competition!

The glasses are clean, the kegs are full, and it's 5 minutes to happy hour! Get ready to put in a hard night's work because this week you're the top bartender in Tapper!

Game Information
Left Difficulty A/Expert - Fast-Moving Customers
Right Difficulty A/Expert - Three Lives
Game Mode Game 1 - 1 Player
Chosen By sku_u

Post your scores right here in this thread, and I will add them to the list. Remember to play the game with the recommended game mode and difficulty settings as shown above so that your scores will be consistent with everyone elses. The deadline for posting scores will be approximately Sunday, September 19th at midnight (CST). In case you haven't already done so, please read the High Score Club rules. There is other useful information contained in that previous link, including a list of previous High Score Club games!

In case you don't have the ROM for this game, it can be found at the AtariAge Profile Page for this game. You can also find such things as a typed copy of the manual, reviews, screenshots, and other information there.

If you are not a member of the High Score Club, but would like to be, then all you have to do is post a reply saying so, and I'll add you to the list!

Next week's game will be chosen by Luigi301! Please send me a Private Message letting me know which game (and difficulty settings) you've chosen as soon as possible Luigi301!

High Scores:

• [*]silverfuji.gif228,775 (keilbaca)
[+10]
[*]bronzefuji.gif66,825 (Malc74) [+8]
[*]57,200 (tin) [+7]
[*]56,500 (sku_u) [+6]
[*]47,675 (Keir) [+5]
[*]42,600 (Goochman) [+4]
[*]39,850 (gospeedde) [+3]
[*]38,850 (elviticus) [+2]
[*]33,275 (therealred5) [+1]
[*]30,050 (Ze_ro)
[*]30,000 (khryssun)
[*]27,225 (RadioFSoftware)
[*]21,900 (Gamemaster_ca_2003)
[*]15,275 (Kepone)
[*]12,400 (Dan Iacovelli)
  • :
    (Default Settings)
    • 240,150 (Todd Rogers)
      [*]136,050 (Stephen Knox)
      [*]102,650 (Alan Hewston)

Best Tips:

Score Statistics
  • Average Score: 108,195
    [*]Std. Deviation: 59,631
    [*]Total Score: 1,731,125

Current Standings
[*]the 5th ghost [172]
[*]Jeffy Arensmeyer [167]
[*]sku_u [89]
[*]Ze_ro [83]
[*]keilbaca [70]
[*]jedijeff [69]
[*]Stingray [48]
[*]Chris++ [44]
[*]Malc74 [42]
[*]Fellow Atari Man [41]
[*]Saldo [39]
[*]Shannon [28]
[*]bobafett07728 [27]
[*]Keir [26]
[*]KaeruYojimbo [24]
[*]bjk7382 [24]
[*]stayrunner [24]
[*]cuteycat2 [23]
[*]Robert M [23]
[*]NintendoDieScreaming [23]
[*]taxman [23]
[*]tin [21]
[*]khryssun [21]
[*]crsdawg [20]
[*]Numan [19]
[*]homerwannabee [17]
[*]The 8th Passenger [17]
[*]Tsukasa [15]
[*]gospeedde [14]
[*]Goochman [13]
[*]HermChase [13]
[*]NovaXpress [12]
[*]Kurushimi [12]
[*]Christophero Sly [12]
[*]kemsted [10]
[*]Thomas Jentzsch [9]
[*]LarcenTyler [7]
[*]dykesr [7]
[*]mikeftrevino [7]
[*]NE146 [7]
[*]elviticus [7]
[*]EricDeLee [6]
[*]Paul Slocum [6]
[*]StanJr [5]
[*]DeV0 [4]
[*]128bytes [3]
[*]BlackAtarian [3]
[*]maibock [2]
[*]Nateo [2]
[*]therealred5 [2]
[*]chrisbid [1]
[*]vb_master [1]
[*]InanimateCarbonRod [0]
[*]shining slade [0]
[*]Kepone [0]
[*]Saikyo [0]
[*]Scooterb23 [0]
[*]Dan Iacovelli [0]
[*]moycon [0]
[*]gamerz [0]
[*]Gamemaster_ca_2003 [0]
[*]video game addict [0]
[*]LU8 [0]
[*]fsuinnc [0]
[*]iguana [0]
[*]Luigi301 [0]
[*]davepesc [0]
[*]Albert [0]
[*]pmpddytim [0]
[*]karnov [0]
[*]pitfallaimee [0]
[*]Happy_Dude [0]
[*]Kialan [0]
[*]xmetalhedx [0]
[*]Gateway [0]
[*]Adrian M [0]
[*]intvgene [0]
[*]ScottHuggins [0]
[*]jeepnut24 [0]
[*]figgler [0]
[*]sabeen557 [0]
[*]Old_Atarian [0]
[*]hobbles [0]
[*]liquid_sky [0]
[*]Spirantho [0]
[*]johnnywc [0]
[*]AcidTone [0]
[*]FireTiger [0]
[*]PaulEMoz [0]
[*]BigFairy321 [0]
[*]RadioFSoftware [0]
[*]atari_wizard [0]
[*]Xot [0]
[*]lost child [0]
[*]Bunsen [0]
[*]chadtower [0]
[*]Big Player [0]

Standings are current as of the beginning of this week,
and do NOT include points from this week's game. If
you think there has been a mistake in any of the
scoring, please contact me.

Member List
Luigi301, Max-T, adams_ale, gamerz, Christophero Sly, Trooper, Nateo, homerwannabee, lost child, Happy_Dude, video game addict, Spirantho, bobafett07728, mikeftrevino, Paul Slocum, fsuinnc, Gamemaster_ca_2003, Robert M, DeV0, Gateway, Mendon, Fretwobbler, PaulEMoz, killersquirel, shining slade, chadtower, gospeedde, stayrunner, Big Player, Swingtown, Chris++, hotpants, hobbles, taxman, Ze_ro, maibock, moycon, somePUNK, Saldo, Stingray, Kepone, xmetalhedx, chrisbid, Kialan, Jeffy Arensmeyer, Keir, ToddRogers, Numan, iguana, LU8, jeepnut24, Albert, Tsukasa, Adrian M, dykesr, EricDeLee, Thomas Jentzsch, The 8th Passenger, the 5th ghost, Bunsen, atari_wizard, jedijeff, davepesc, maximebeauvais, buzzguy, bjk7382, khryssun, HermChase, wiz21mx, karnov, Goochman, NE146, keilbaca, vb_master, Sora, Malc74, sabeen557, 128bytes, Kurushimi, Fellow Atari Man, liquid_sky, InanimateCarbonRod, Krazy_kamino, pmpddytim, cuteycat2, kemsted, Xot, Scooterb23, elviticus, Dan Iacovelli, LarcenTyler, RadioFSoftware, sku_u

Scoring Points in Tapper
Get Cowboy/girl out of Door 50 points
Get Sportsperson out of Door 75 points
Get Punk Rocker out of Door 100 points
Get Space Creature out of Door 150 points
Catch an Empty Mug 100 points
Complete screen (get all customers out) 1,000 points
Complete Bonus Rack 3,000 points
Earn one extra life after your first 20,000 points and another life
for each additional 50,000 points.
Score Rolls? - Unknown, presumably after 999,995
Note: For some reason, when playing on this difficulty setting, the game gives you 10,000 points when you start the game.

Hints and Tips
As always, you really should read the manual.

What's that? You don't have the manual? Well no problem, because AtariAge has a typed copy of the manual available online right over here.

What's that? You're too damn lazy to click that link? Well, here's the hints that it give:
  • Do not allow a customer to get all the way to the Bartender's end of the bar without a drink. If you do, the disgruntled customer will sling the Bartender down the bar.
    [*]If the Bartender jumps the gun and slings a soda where there is no customer to grab it, the mug will crash at the end of the bar.
    [*]After customers at the bar have gulped down their sodas, they sling their empty mugs back to the Bartender, if he is still on the screen. Do not let the mugs get by. If they do, it will crash on the floor.

Good luck everyone!

--Zero

(the manual)
Tips:

-You can only sling 2 mugs at a time. The hardware won't allow more. BUT if you press the button say 3 times, 2 will shoot out, and if you don't move, a 3rd will automatically shoot out, so watch out for that. Also note, if 2 mugs come toward you, you can only sling out 1 mug at a time, once again due to programming. Watch it, don't be trigger happy, or else you'll throw out a mug that you really didn't want to happen.

-When you walk forward and catch a mug and you press the fire button to go back automatically and sling a mug and walk forward, everyone will automatically sling their mugs back. beware of that, moving forward doesn't help that much, due to the programming.

-In the atari version, there are no tips at the end of the bar, so no need to watch out for those.

-Especially on the 3rd level where its like one row facing left, one row facing right, then the next left and the next right, watch the mugs. they sneak in there and if you don't catch em you die.

(keilbaca)

Tips:

-You can only sling 2 mugs at a time. The hardware won't allow more. BUT if you press the button say 3 times, 2 will shoot out, and if you don't move, a 3rd will automatically shoot out, so watch out for that. Also note, if 2 mugs come toward you, you can only sling out 1 mug at a time, once again due to programming. Watch it, don't be trigger happy, or else you'll throw out a mug that you really didn't want to happen.

-When you walk forward and catch a mug and you press the fire button to go back automatically and sling a mug and walk forward, everyone will automatically sling their mugs back. beware of that, moving forward doesn't help that much, due to the programming.

-In the atari version, there are no tips at the end of the bar, so no need to watch out for those.

-Especially on the 3rd level where its like one row facing left, one row facing right, then the next left and the next right, watch the mugs. they sneak in there and if you don't catch em you die.

Thank you for choosing this game, I was going to choose this once it got to my name, now its next to my 2nd pick for my choice.

To be completely honest, I never liked Tapper. It's another one of those "panic" games like Missile Command where you have to fend off an endless barrage of enemies with no where to hide and no chance of dodging. Somehow, I've always had a hard time enjoying games like that. However, I have to say that Sega did an excellent job with this port. I probably won't play this one all that much, but here's a score anyways: 30,050.

--Zero

Played this for the first time last night. I've always loved the C64 version, but this one? I don't know. A lot of gameplay elements are missing, though I think if I hadn't ever played a different version I'd love it.

Is anyone else having trouble following the Mountain Dew cans? I have no problems with the C64 version but I have yet to get even close on this one.