IGNORED

All-Time Best Two Player Games

jaybird

I was wondering what everyone thinks are the best 2-player simultaneous games for the 2600? By simultaneous, I mean two or more players on the screen at once, like Tennis.

Some of my favorties are Basketball, Activision Boxing, Combat, Fishing Derby, Maze Craze, RealSports Tennis and Warlords.

Boxing has to be my #1 all-time favorite simply because of the physical fatigue it puts the players through. And there's no better feeling in the world than landing that left-right combo 20 consecutive times on an opponents face.

Geezz I gotta break out the 2600.. I can't remember the name of this excellent two player game... You drive 2 cars ( I think)

around a maze collecting dots while trying not to crash into the other player...It was great fun back then.. I bet it still is now...was it slot racer?

I'll put in another vote for Video Olympics... though it's four player modes are where it really shines Unfortunately, my friends are confused by the volleyball and basketball versions, so we usually just play regular pong or hockey pong.

--Zero

I have two. Fishing Dervy (I played with my brother all the time) and RealSports Basketball. I remember for my birthday #14, some friends came to my house, and we played basketball for hours, and then my dad maked a cake, was nice. I'm don't usually celebrate my birthday, but that one was kinda special, 'coz some of my friends never had an atari, or even play with one.

OsBo

I can't belive no one said Sneak N Peek!!! Oh yeah I guess cuz that game kinda sucked.

My father and I used to play Artillery Duel duel daily, so I second that one. But also and I dont think anyone mentioned this one yet. M.A.D. That game has a great 2 layer game where one person is the base and the other drops the bombs. Id have great fun nailin me pappy.

I really enjoy Warlords, but it does have the problem that, once a player's king gets knocked out of a round, it can be a while before that player gets to play again. This can be boring for the idle player—and even injurious to his pride, if the computer is among the remaining active opponents!

[ 10-30-2001: Message edited by: The Night Phantom ]