IGNORED

How many systems have you --

Lemmi

how many systems have you had hooked up at one time to one TV?

Ive had Atari 7800, NES, SNES, Genesis/segacd/32X combo, SMS, saturn, playstation, N64 , panasonic 3DO

9 total good god

all these where on my 27 inch TV at one time with the original hook ups that came with the systems not the AV cords, till some of the systems started to get poor picture quality now im just down to 3

I have to jump in and answer to this...

I have currently..(Counts on fingers..)...

7 systems connected at once right now.

I have my 5200, 7800, Colecovision, Intellivision, NES, SNES, and Genesis/32x all connected. The NES, SNES and Genny/32x combo is connected via a 4 switch multimedia input selector. The 5200, 7800, Coleco, and INTV are connected via RF..but not on the same input...hehe..let me explain.

I have an odd 27inch Sylvania Monitor TV that I think was used in a Club or some other location where it was part of a wall of TVs used to create on large picture. My TV has only 1 RCA AV input...but it has 2 RCS outs...and it has...get this...3 Coax inputs!!!

The TV has a two selector switches on the front of it. A Norm and Ext. switch is used to switch between the RCA or Coax inputs...and the a seperate selector ANT switch I use to swap between the Coax inputs themselves. So basically the INTV and Coleco share a switchbox connected to one input while the 5200 and the 7800 have their own inputs.

I used to have my TI99/4-A connected as well but hardley fired it up so I boxed it back up and stuck it in the closet next to my Heavy sixer Sears unit. Besides I needed to the shelf room for the Intv and the Coleco.

Anyway that is my current setup.

I'm trying to go the other way, a seperate TV for each system. I've got one for my PSX, one for my N64, one for my 2600 (although I have to get one to replace since my Solaris doesn't work on it) so that will give me a fourth for my NES. But with PS2 and Gamecube soon to be mine, I will soon fall behind.

I've only got five hooked up at once. Nuon via component. Jaguar and Dreamcast via S-Video using an S-Video switchbox. Atari 5200 and 7800 via RF. 4-port 5200 RF switchbox is hooked up to the TV and the 7800 with a cable connector adapter is hooked up to the 5200's switchbox.

I have more systems that this, but to one TV I have,

Atari 2600, 5200, 7800, NES, ColecoVision, Intellivision. So only 7.. My other systems are scattered about and connected to other monitors/tv's.

I don't actually use a switch box. I have a 2 position Coax Cable switch, one has a regular Coax Barrel connector the other has an adapter for RCA. I have the ends of all my game systems labeled and when I want to play I just plug in the one I'm wanting to play. It's easy but kind of old fasoned.

See, here's the thing: Using too many RF adaptors will eventually give you terrible reception. I found this out the hard way when I had anything more than 2 of them plugged in at once (the one I use for my Atari is particularly bad for causing interference).

To solve this problem, I got myself a switch that accepts two coax inputs, and provides one coax output. I send the TV signal into one end of the switch, and I hook a series of RF adaptors into the other switch. At the moment, I have a Sega Master System, Super Nintendo, and Nintendo plugged in via automatic RF switches. I then have a manual RF switch with three cords that I plug into it depending on which system I want to play (At the moment, there are plugs dangling for the 2600, the INTV, and the Colecovision). This may sound like a huge mess, but it's actually quite easy. All the cords are brought to a nice place that's easy to get at right next to my bed, and they're all tied around a pole so that they stay in the same place instead of falling on the floor.

At the same time that this is going on, I have an old Commodore 1084S RGB monitor to which I hook up a Genesis, a Dreamcast, and a Jaguar. Unfortunately, the Dreamcast and Genesis use the same input ports, so I have to switch these plugs (The Jaguar uses the RGB port, and the switch for composite/RGB is on the front of the monitor)

So, at any given time, I have 6 game systems plugged in at once, with 3 others easily switched in. Yes... there are lots of cords

--Zero

hehe when i had my(1990) 20 inch RCA TV i had 6 systems snaked one after another and never had a problem with poor picture, that TV was awesome, but with my 27 inch i have 2 vcrs and cable attached to it as well this is where i think the problem was coming from

but i use AV cords now i have a set on the front and a set on the back and a Svideo port so now i just pull out the AV cords from the back of the systems and plug them into the front ports and turn on the system , I have less cables now which is a good thing since my TV is a pain to get behind

I'm trying to build a new switch box. No one seems to carry anything bigger than a 5 system selector and using loads of Y adapters will eventually hurt the signal quality. I have parts to make a 12 system selector (up to 24 with Y adapters)

Right now I have 2600, 7800, Inty, CV, O^2, TG-16/CD, SMS, Genesis/32X/CD, Saturn, DC, NES, SNES, N64, and PSX in addition to VCR, DVD, and sattelite. Coming soon: GC I just don't have any room to fit that huge 5200 and certantly not an XBox.

ok, i'll take a stab from memory... i have converted my garage into a carpeted pool room, with couches and a fridge for beer i also have a 27 inch tv for sports. hooked up is my mini museum of game systems:

atari stunt cycle

atari video pinball

atari super pong

atari 2600

atari 2600 jr.

atari 2800 (the Sears version, love the paddles)

atari 5200 (with twin trackballs)

atari 800 computer

atari 7800

atari jag w/ cd

intellivision I w/ voice module

intellivision II w/ keyboard

colecovision

ti/99

sega master system

sega cdx w/ 32x attachment

fairchild channel f

odyssey II

snes w/ nes converter (and game doctor)

apx-1000 (i think that's what it's called)

bally astrocade

radio shack

and to top this all off (literally, it is on the top shelf):

vectrex

virtual boy

as you can see, the garage is my classic museum. in my living room (on the nice tv) i have:

playstation

dreamcast

n64 with "dr" attachment

sega saturn

neo geo cart system

(gamecube and xbox to be added shortly...)

in the bedroom:

sega dreamcast

atari 2600

atari 5200

nes (it's buggy though)

turbo duo

3do

playstation (to be moved to the garage)

playstation 2 (will be moving downstairs now that i have a dvd player in my room...)

and yes, they are all connected, the garage was a FREAKIN nightmare! needless to say, when i have time, i will be re-wiring my garage.... and some day, the classics will meet the currents in a game room in my dream home... someday.

Only 5 systems hooked up to my TV at once.

They where: 2600,Colecovision,Genesis,Dreamcast Playstation...

But now I have a gameroom where my Genesis and 2600 is hooked up. The Coleovison is packed away. I sold the Dreamcast and PSone and bought a PS2. Which is on my small 19inch

sharp TV in the livingroom. Great picture quality for only having RF/cable like inputs...

Funny thing about the gameroom TV, it's a Quasar and it's logo looks like the atari fuji logo only smushed in on the sides...

Ok...

Nice 36" SONY Wega XBR (3 RF and 6 video hookups) the Ultimate videogame TV (excpet no lightguns)!

Few - but some are cool

SNES

Genesis

PC Engine Duo RX

Jaguar w CD

PSOne

PS 2

Gamecube

INTV

XE GS

N64

Saturn

1040 STE (hey I'm from England - loads of games)

Plus all the best handhelds scattered on the floor (Lynx, PC Engine LT, Nomad etc)...

[ 10-25-2001: Message edited by: Jet Boot Jack ]

Take a walk over to The Electric Quarter and look at what I have hooked up right now. I have 2 system selectors and 4 power strips all labeled . With the system selectors I don't have anything daisy chained, so no chains of 6 RF boxes Here's the list of whats Currently hooked up to one TV (not including my other TV in the living room)

These are fully hooked up, just switch the AV changer:

Atari 2600

Coleco

NES

sega master system

Genesis

3D0

Jaguar

SNES

Saturn

These are plugged in, just need to switch the obvious TV hookups:

N64 (SNES hookup)

Intellivision (coleco cable)

2 atari clones (2600 hookup)

7800 (switch to coleco RF box)

These aren't hooked up or plugged in because they suck (heheh):

TRS-80

Odyssey2

Pong clones

And no, everything isn't powered up at once, I have the main power strip with the TV and 1 or 2 systems, and 2 strips plugged into that with 5 or 6 systems on each, so THE most juice I have going is about 7 systems, but I obviously only actually turn on one at a time.

The living room just has the PS, PS2, Dreamcast, stereo and TV components.

quote:

Originally posted by -^Cro§Bow^-:

Marco, Send that extra Shining Force and Axe Battler my way already would ya?! eheh..J/K...just let us know when you put them on the auction block so we can all have a fair shot ehh?

I've only just decided to sell. Now I need to figure out the best way to do it. It would be great if someone would buy the entire collection at once, but I think it's unlikely that will happen. On the other hand, selling everything separately seems like a true nightmare...

Well, I'll think about this some more when I've returned from EuroCon

Cheers,

Marco

I have had multiple systems attached to one or more televisions in all sorts of combinations over the years. Generally I leave modern game systems connected to the larger TV that's part of my home threater setup. These systems include the Dreamcast, Nintendo 64 and the Playstation 2. The Gamecube will soon be added to this mix.

All my classic systems I usually have connected in the room I have my collection in. At one point I had two Commodore 1702 monitors to which the following systems were attached:

Atari 5200, Atari 7800, Atari 800XL, Vic-20, Commodore 64, TI 99/4a, ColecoVision, Intellivision II, Odyssey 2, Sega Master System, NES, and TurboDuo.

And yes, these were all connected at once so I could play any of them at any time. What a mess of cables that was. I can actually back this up with a picture:

GameSystems.jpg

When I move into my new place I'm not sure what I'll do. I'll certainly have some systems hooked up so I can play them on demand, probably some in the room my collection is in and some others in the living room. Certainly all the modern systems will be hooked up in the living room, but some classic systems will join them. These might be the Jaguar (not *that* classic yet!) and the Turbografx (or rather, TurboDuo). Maybe a 2600 once I get one that has an S-Video mod.

Too many video games, too little time! At least if I want to have any kind of life!

..Al