IGNORED

High Score Club Week 29: Cosmic Ark

Ze_ro

Important note: This weeks competition is over. If you still wish to discuss this game, then feel free to do so, but no further scores will be accepted. Thanks to everyone for all their contributions! Please join in on the latest High Score Club competition!

The sun of Alpha Ro is fading fast! Soon it will flicker out. You must save the creatures from the doomed planets in that solar system. Meteor showers and planetary defense systems make this mission of mercy doubly treacherous! Time and energy slip away - work fast or these defenceless little beasties will disappear for all time, because this weeks game is Cosmic Ark!

Game Information
Left Difficulty B/Novice - Cosmic Ark is narrower and more easily defended
Right Difficulty B/Novice - Right joystick controls meteors
Game Mode Game 1 - Regular Cosmic Ark Mission
Chosen By gamerz

Post your scores right here in this thread, and I will add them to the list. Remember to play the game with the recommended game mode and difficulty settings as shown above so that your scores will be consistent with everyone elses. The deadline for posting scores will be approximately Sunday, October 31st at midnight (CST). In case you haven't already done so, please read the High Score Club rules. There is other useful information contained in that previous link, including a list of previous High Score Club games!

In case you don't have the ROM for this game, it can be found at the AtariAge Profile Page for this game. You can also find such things as a typed copy of the manual, reviews, screenshots, and other information there.

If you are not a member of the High Score Club, but would like to be, then all you have to do is post a reply saying so, and I'll add you to the list!

Next week's game will be chosen by Christophero Sly! Please send me a Private Message letting me know which game (and difficulty settings) you've chosen as soon as possible Christophero Sly!

High Scores:

• [*]silverfuji.gif90,950 (sku_u)
[+10]
[*]bronzefuji.gif83,700 (keilbaca) [+8]
[*]16,810 (bobafett07728) [+7]
[*]16,120 (mvigor) [+6]
[*]14,450 (elviticus) [+5]
14,450 (kemsted) [+5]
[*]13,300 (no attack) [+4]
[*]13,280 (LarcenTyler) [+3]
[*]12,350 (gospeedde) [+2]
[*]12,050 (Gamemaster_ca_2003) [+1]
[*]11,270 (Blackjack)
[*]11,240 (Goochman)
[*]11,080 (Malc74)
[*]10,200 (tin)
[*]7990 (khryssun)
  • :
    (Default Settings)
    • 1,264,850 (Todd Rogers)
      [*]60,560 (Troy Whelan)
      [*]21,030 (Stephen R Riesenberger)

Best Tips:

Score Statistics
  • Average Score: 46,203
    [*]Std. Deviation: 24,433
    [*]Total Score: 739,240

Current Standings
[*]the 5th ghost [193]
[*]Jeffy Arensmeyer [167]
[*]keilbaca [127]
[*]sku_u [111]
[*]Ze_ro [99]
[*]jedijeff [80]
[*]Malc74 [71]
[*]Fellow Atari Man [52]
[*]Stingray [48]
[*]Chris++ [44]
[*]Keir [43]
[*]Saldo [39]
[*]bobafett07728 [37]
[*]tin [35]
[*]Shannon [32]
[*]Goochman [25]
[*]khryssun [25]
[*]KaeruYojimbo [24]
[*]bjk7382 [24]
[*]stayrunner [24]
[*]Robert M [23]
[*]cuteycat2 [23]
[*]NintendoDieScreaming [23]
[*]taxman [23]
[*]gospeedde [20]
[*]crsdawg [20]
[*]Numan [19]
[*]homerwannabee [17]
[*]The 8th Passenger [17]
[*]no attack [17]
[*]Tsukasa [15]
[*]Kurushimi [15]
[*]HermChase [13]
[*]elviticus [13]
[*]kemsted [13]
[*]NovaXpress [12]
[*]Christophero Sly [12]
[*]LarcenTyler [9]
[*]Thomas Jentzsch [9]
[*]dykesr [7]
[*]mikeftrevino [7]
[*]NE146 [7]
[*]EricDeLee [6]
[*]Paul Slocum [6]
[*]StanJr [5]
[*]video game addict [5]
[*]DeV0 [4]
[*]therealred5 [4]
[*]Blackjack [4]
[*]128bytes [3]
[*]maibock [2]
[*]Nateo [2]
[*]Sora [2]
[*]FireTiger [2]
[*]chrisbid [1]
[*]Scooterb23 [1]
[*]vb_master [1]
[*]InanimateCarbonRod [0]
[*]Kepone [0]
[*]shining slade [0]
[*]Saikyo [0]
[*]Dan Iacovelli [0]
[*]Gamemaster_ca_2003 [0]
[*]moycon [0]
[*]gamerz [0]
[*]LU8 [0]
[*]fsuinnc [0]
[*]iguana [0]
[*]Luigi301 [0]
[*]davepesc [0]
[*]Albert [0]
[*]pmpddytim [0]
[*]karnov [0]
[*]pitfallaimee [0]
[*]Happy_Dude [0]
[*]Kialan [0]
[*]xmetalhedx [0]
[*]Gateway [0]
[*]Adrian M [0]
[*]intvgene [0]
[*]ScottHuggins [0]
[*]jeepnut24 [0]
[*]figgler [0]
[*]sabeen557 [0]
[*]Old_Atarian [0]
[*]hobbles [0]
[*]liquid_sky [0]
[*]RadioFSoftware [0]
[*]Spirantho [0]
[*]johnnywc [0]
[*]AcidTone [0]
[*]chadtower [0]
[*]PaulEMoz [0]
[*]BigFairy321 [0]
[*]atari_wizard [0]
[*]Xot [0]
[*]lost child [0]
[*]Bunsen [0]
[*]Big Player [0]

Standings are current as of the beginning of this week,
and do NOT include points from this week's game. If
you think there has been a mistake in any of the
scoring, please contact me.

Member List
Christophero Sly, Trooper, Nateo, homerwannabee, lost child, Happy_Dude, video game addict, Spirantho, bobafett07728, mikeftrevino, Paul Slocum, fsuinnc, Gamemaster_ca_2003, Robert M, DeV0, Gateway, Mendon, Fretwobbler, PaulEMoz, killersquirel, shining slade, chadtower, gospeedde, stayrunner, Big Player, Swingtown, Chris++, hotpants, hobbles, taxman, Ze_ro, maibock, moycon, somePUNK, Saldo, Stingray, Kepone, xmetalhedx, chrisbid, Kialan, Jeffy Arensmeyer, Keir, ToddRogers, Numan, iguana, LU8, jeepnut24, Albert, Tsukasa, Adrian M, dykesr, EricDeLee, Thomas Jentzsch, The 8th Passenger, the 5th ghost, Bunsen, atari_wizard, jedijeff, davepesc, maximebeauvais, buzzguy, bjk7382, khryssun, HermChase, wiz21mx, karnov, Goochman, NE146, keilbaca, vb_master, Sora, Malc74, sabeen557, 128bytes, Fellow Atari Man, liquid_sky, InanimateCarbonRod, Krazy_kamino, pmpddytim, cuteycat2, kemsted, Xot, Scooterb23, elviticus, Dan Iacovelli, LarcenTyler, RadioFSoftware, sku_u, no attack, Kurushimi, Blackjack, fedechab, gamerz, mvigor

Scoring Points in Cosmic ArkDestroy a meteor: 10 points.
[*]Destroy a special wavering meteor: 30 points.
[*]Return to Cosmic Ark after retrieving both beasties: 1000 points.
  • - Unknown, let us know if you can do it!

Hints and Tips
As always, you really should read the manual.

What's that? You don't have the manual? Well, then you can always check out this scanned copy of the manual hosted right here at AtariAge.

What's that? You're too lazy to click that link? Well, it doesn't have any hints in it anyways!

(the manual)
You may only be able to get one creature into your saucer at a time before the warning alarm sounds. In this case, you should take advantage of this, since this gives you a chance to earn extra points before you get the other creature. (LarcenTyler)

Good luck everyone!

--Zero

No scores yet, but here's a general bit of advice I use a lot of the time.

You may only be able to get one creature into your saucer at a time before the warning alarm sounds. In this case, you should take advantage of this, since this gives you a chance to earn extra points before you get the other creature.

No pics this week becuase I'm playing on my home console. I tried to take a picture with my camera phone, but got nothing but glare. :( I don't expect any ridiculous high scores from me on this title though, so it shouldn't matter. If I break 20K by the week, I'll be impressed.

When does the speed of the meteors max out? I'm getting to the 10K plateau, and it seems like you have to just go on instinct. I didn't think my reaction time was THAT poor!!!! Or is there a pattern I should know about? :ponder:

Tough title. . . I'm already in awe of keilbaca's first submission. 8) [/b]

No pics this week becuase I'm playing on my home console. I tried to take a picture with my camera phone, but got nothing but glare.  :(  I don't expect any ridiculous high scores from me on this title though, so it shouldn't matter. If I break 20K by the week, I'll be impressed.  

When does the speed of the meteors max out? I'm getting to the 10K plateau, and it seems like you have to just go on instinct. I didn't think my reaction time was THAT poor!!!! Or is there a pattern I should know about?  :ponder:  

Tough title. . . I'm already in awe of keilbaca's first submission.  8) [/b]

No patterns. it stops gaining speed about the 12-13k mark. Here's some useless info, once you get far enough, you pick up pac-man, which is kinda funny because they are drawn better than they was on Atari pac-man :P

This one really brings back some memories! I haven't played it for awhile and I forgot how cool it is. The lasers on the 2nd screen have always freaked me out - still do! I also really like the energy system (instead of lives).

13,850 is my best so far. I played about 4 games and got shut down in the 13,000s EVERY TIME!!

Im back after a week long absence, dealing with a local Tv channels program called Tampa Bay Gamers UnLeashed thats televised on saturdays.I will be involved in a segment that is to be aired in the upcoming weeks.

My score so far for Cosmic Ark is 400,000 for starters.Hopefuly this week i will get more time to play.

Todd Mr Activision Rogers

post-1920-1098865146_thumb.jpg

7' date='990[/color']

I know how you feel - I just can't play this one at all. I was almost punching my laptop screen in frustration last night trying to beat my score.

It seems that when I do really well on a game one week I'm guaranteed to absolutely suck the next week. :roll:

Oh well, might as well keep trying... :)

Holy Crud!!!! Another magnificent score from keilbaca, and Todd's score is. . . well. . . mindblowing!!! 8) I played a little more last night, and broke the 15K barrier (I left my scorebook at home, so I'l have to post the exact score tomorrow :x ) Thanks for the info about the speed maxing out, I'll just have to get into a groove. At least I know it doesn't get any faster. . . WHEW!!!

Im back after a week long absence, dealing with a local Tv channels program called Tampa Bay Gamers UnLeashed thats televised on saturdays.I will be involved in a segment that is to be aired in the upcoming weeks.  

My score so far for Cosmic Ark is 400,000 for starters.Hopefuly this week i will get more time to play.

Todd Mr Activision Rogers

Quite impressive! I do have a question, though. If the point values don't increase (which I'm assuming they don't,) it must take forever to amass a score like this!?!?!? The most points you can score at a given time is 1,000 (retrieveing both beasties), right? . . and even that would take 400 sucessful rescues (thoeretically)!!!!!!! I'm just curious to know how long it took to achieve a score of that magnitude. . . let alone your lofty Twin Galaxies score.

BTW . . . any tips ;)