IGNORED

HSC1 R26: Jungle Hunt

Goochman

Awe, I wish it were Halloween Themed. But then Again I didn't vote so...

To take part, do I just play the game and then take a picture of my High Score? Are people allowed to use the Emulator? I'll play on my my actual Atari. So either I'll have to take a picture or hook up a VCR...

~zen

Pictures are always welcome - though not required - we're playing for fun so until proven otherwise everyone is trustful right :)

I didnt think of a Halloween themed game 2 weeks prior so kinda my fault - what Halloween themed games could one find on the 8bit?

Anyhow,

Emus are also allowed

Main rules:

1 - No cheating :)

2 - Must play actual game during time period - no old scores allowed

3 - Must post scores within time period

4 - Must have fun :)

@devwebcl- cant wait to see that pic- you sure you're playing Advanced, or are you just that good?

I got 6400 and was close to finishing the Boulders - If I got past the Natives with bonus I would be close to 12~13K I believe - so that would put him at the Croc screen or such.

I know its doable but hard!

Damn Monkey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who's the sadist that chose Advanced, anyway?  :roll:  

BTW, Advanced isnt the default.

For some reason my cart emu version starts on Advanced :)

Atleast we wont have 500K scores this time ;)

I played a few vines and the Monkey didnt show pup so I thought all was good - whoooooooooooops ;)

Folks,

I know the Advanced lvl is a bit harder but all it is reall doing is starting you at the second level - Therefore, once you saved the girl you are starting at that point so you're not sacrificing that much :)

We are seperating the Jungle Hunters from the Jungle Kings :D

Well the pics prove you got the skills but it's hard to believe you got there on skill alone- some luck was involved. Once I only met one monkey on the vines, & a few times I didnt get any large rocks (which also may be jumped) until halfway through the scene.

I'm just saying your particular game(s) might've been a bit easier on you- you cant deny sometimes (a player) has an easier time during a session than others.

I dont think anyone'll beat your score- congrats! 8)

well, I think most of the skill I got it in the eighties playing this game in my old 800xl. sorry it's not luck 8)

the games I've gotten a good score are the one I used to be a good player in old days.

and there are several never ever I was any good, and some we've played here, just like rainbow walker :x

btw the big boulder can be jumped, but I was meaning is easir to walk underneath.

--devwebcl

devwebcl wrote:

I think most of the skill I got it in the eighties playing this game in my old 800xl

Yeah, me too- that's where I played this week's (& every week) HSC.

Look at the scores- no one else even got near 10 grand, & you're almost to twice that.

& aren't the "Advanced" backgrounds supposed to be green, while beginner & regular are blue? (at least on the actual 800XL)

Look, I know I'm beating this to death, & I have no chance in winning it all, but I smell a cheater here, folks.

Prove me wrong & I'll sit out the next 5 games/weeks.

& aren't the "Advanced" backgrounds supposed to be green, while beginner & regular are blue? (at least on the actual 800XL)

I believe you are right. Compare Goochman's last screenshot with the high score screenshot. :ponder:

Look, I know I'm beating this to death, & I have no chance in winning it all, but I smell a cheater here, folks.

Unless the third level is blue again :?: