IGNORED

Cart Commander Feature Requests

Arcadenut

Well, like I'm in the process of attempting, you could do more modern systems, notably SNES and the like, and I also would like some parts on older systems not listed yet, like Channel F, Studio 2 and whatnot. Not all in one update, nessecarily, but you know, whatever. You could add in Game Gear too, it is kind of like the Master System.

quote:

Originally posted by ubersaurus:

Well, like I'm in the process of attempting, you could do more modern systems, notably SNES and the like, and I also would like some parts on older systems not listed yet, like Channel F, Studio 2 and whatnot. Not all in one update, nessecarily, but you know, whatever. You could add in Game Gear too, it is kind of like the Master System.

Are you refering to Master Lists or something else?

quote:

Originally posted by Sylentwulf:

An easier printing system if possible. The only way I've seen to print is through excel (am I right?) and it comes out 2 pages wide and pretty ugly. Maybe split the master lists/lists into homebrew, cart variations sections.

The current Reports are generated as HTML and can be printed from within a browser. It also makes it easy to post on the web.

Reports can be a pain in the ass, and boring :-) Reports go WAY down on the list unless its something that has to be calculated (like the Trade Reports, etc..)

If you want basic stuff like By MFG, etc... then just import that stuff into EXCEL or Access and use them as they have very nice report generators.

Let me know what kind of reports you are looking for, or if you just want a better way to print the existing ones and I'll take it into consideration.

As mentioned in another thread-- Add hardware cataloging, a nice extra would be a area for a short description for the hardware like the game label info.

That way you can enter if you have a Atari 2600 4-Switch woodgrain or All Black "Darth Vader".

Of course what type of Atari system-- Heavy Sixer, 6 Switch, 4 Switch, JR., etc.

My idea posted in the other thread... Add the option to specify if the game is dead. That way you can still inventory the game, but you will know it is dead. Adding a option on the New Game function like the Boxed checkbox, for example [ ] Dead Game

Junie

I'm starting to use Cart Commander, and I'm having problems listing e.g. PAC-Man. I have a text version, and a picture version. I would like to count the total different games, and the total cartridges I have. Currently it's hard to enter the same game, with small differences.

But then again. I like the idea of Cart Commander !

quote:

Originally posted by abalder:

I'm starting to use Cart Commander, and I'm having problems listing e.g. PAC-Man. I have a text version, and a picture version. I would like to count the total different games, and the total cartridges I have. Currently it's hard to enter the same game, with small differences.

But then again. I like the idea of Cart Commander !

I am working on a Copy & Paste function. This should make things a bit easier.

Copy and Paste a Row, then edit the new row and change what you want about it.

quote:

Originally posted by Junie:

My idea posted in the other thread... Add the option to specify if the game is dead. That way you can still inventory the game, but you will know it is dead. Adding a option on the New Game function like the Boxed checkbox, for example [ ] Dead Game

Junie

I've been thinking this over and I think this would be better suited as a comment. Very few if any collect "Dead Carts". I have a couple, but I just make the note "Dead".

Unless there is a LOT of demand for that, I'm not going to add it because it will take time away from other features that I want to add.

master lists for systems like Saturn/3DO cince i have over 60 games for each system it would save alot of typing

and is there a way to manually add the manufacturer? cause i was making my list of Sega Genesis games and i couldnt figure out how to manually add that cause it had a scroll feature on the manufact. line

or if there is a awy could ya let me know please

quote:

Originally posted by Lemmi:

and is there a way to manually add the manufacturer? cause i was making my list of Sega Genesis games and i couldnt figure out how to manually add that cause it had a scroll feature on the manufact

You can do this now. Start the Cart Commander go to the "Tools" menu. Then select the sub-menu "Options". On the box that pop-ups go to the "Manufacturers" tab. Once on the "Manufacturers" screen then select the Platform and then on the next line type the new Manufactor name to add, then Click add.

Hope the instructions are simple enough