IGNORED

Hardware Tracking, What do you want?

Arcadenut

Ok,

I am looking for feedback on what you want for Hardware tracking. Do you just want to know that you have 2 2600's, a Jr, NES, etc... or do you want to know a lot more detail. If you want a lot more detail, tell me how much you want.

Would this work:

Atari 2600, 6 Switch - Black

Atari 2600, 4 Switch - Woodgrain

Atari 5200, 2 Port

Atari 5200, 4 Port

etc...

Do you care about Model Numbers, Serial Numbers, Manufactures?

For the controlers, will the Names of them be enough or do you want more such as Model #'s, etc..??

Examples:

Atari Joystick

Epyx Joysick

Wico Joystick

Atari Paddles

Coleco Driving Controler

What types of harware do you want to track?

Consoles

Controlers

Accessories

I am working on it right now so if you want to be heard, now is the time.

Thanks,

Would this work:

Atari 2600, 6 Switch - Black

Atari 2600, 4 Switch - Woodgrain

Atari 5200, 2 Port

Atari 5200, 4 Port

etc...

Yes this ok for me

Do you care about Model Numbers, Serial Numbers?

yup i care about just these 2 features

Yes this ok for me

Examples:

Atari Joystick

Epyx Joysick

Wico Joystick

Atari Paddles

Coleco Driving Controler

this ok for me as well

What types of harware do you want to track?

Consoles

Controlers

Accessories

all the above, but is it going to be all in one section like

Atari 2600 hardware section

Atari 2600 6 switch - woodgrain

atari 2600 jr.

atari 2600 Trak ball controller

atari 2600 Epyx controller

or are you thinking of seperate sections for controller Accessories and consoles?

And this was part of my post from the Cart Commander Feature Requests post of yours

is there a way to manually add the manufacturer? cause i was making my list of Sega Genesis games and i couldnt figure out how to manually add that cause it had a scroll/drop down feature on the manufact. line

or if there is a way could ya let me know please

quote:

Originally posted by Lemmi:

And this was part of my post from the Cart Commander Feature Requests post of yours

is there a way to manually add the manufacturer? cause i was making my list of Sega Genesis games and i couldnt figure out how to manually add that cause it had a scroll/drop down feature on the manufact. line

or if there is a way could ya let me know please

Yes.

Step 1: Go to Options->Manufacturers

Step 2: Choose the platform you want to add the Mfg for.

Step 3: Type in the name of the Manufacturer.

Step 4: Click "ADD" (or press Ctrl-A)

Thats it. You should now have a Mfg for that platform.

Exit out of Options and you should be able to select it.

For the hardware I think most people would agree that if you can get it as complete as possible, I wouldn't mind the serial numbers and model numbers being added on later. In other words, try and get a full hardware list for everything first and then if you have time do the serial/model numbers.

Another thing I though of, not sure how you could implement it, but Having a seperate "Section"? for homebrew/modern carts for people like me who just aren't even LOOKING at modern games for classic systems yet.

Oh yeah!

I may be missing this, but it there a way to see "you have XXX carts out of XXX available for this system"? Or "You need 137 carts to finish this collection" Going off of the master lists of course. I know it would be hard with things like label variations throwing the count off, maybe just do a one on one count against the master list or something...

Just my babbling

quote:

Originally posted by Sylentwulf:

Oh yeah!

I may be missing this, but it there a way to see "you have XXX carts out of XXX available for this system"? Or "You need 137 carts to finish this collection" Going off of the master lists of course. I know it would be hard with things like label variations throwing the count off, maybe just do a one on one count against the master list or something...

Just my babbling

Well, you can open your cartridge file and the Master Cart List for that platform and do a Comparision. That should give you a list of what is missing.

Your Cart Counts should also be in the lower right corner of the window. The number on the left is the Qty count, and the number on the right is the number of Rows in the list. If you don't do label variations then it will be equal to the number of unique carts you have.

I'd like it as complete as possible. Serial Numbers, Model Numbers, Manufacturers, etc.

I'd also like to see a option for example on the Paddle controllers-- [ ] Shakey Control [ ] Parts Only

Of course of that isn't worth the time.. Make sure that you have a Notes section like the on the Add Carts. That way I can type it in if not anything.