IGNORED

9 To 5

Ze_ro

Okay, so for those of you who know nothing about this game, it was a game that 20th Century Fox was supposed to have been working on that would have been based on the movie of the same name... but it was never released (This is from memory, correct me if I'm wrong).

However, I was talking to my brother today, and we got on to the topic of Atari. Strangely enough, he asked me if I had the game "9 To 5". I told him that it was never released, and he was quite surprised. He says that he remembers playing it at our grandparents next-door neighbors house (I don't remember ever playing an Atari at their house.. but I was much younger then). He claims that in the game, you played a boss and had to chase the secretary around or something.

So my question is: Was this game actually released on some console? Or was my brother actually playing a prototype of this game or something? He has a pretty good memory, and mistaking another game to be "9 To 5" would be quite unusual...

I haven't been able to find a lot of information about this game... anyone know how far along it was before it got canned? I would be surprised to learn that there was a prototype in Winnipeg back in the 80's (Although it wouldn't be the first that was found here).

--Zero

quote:

Originally posted by ubersaurus:

I haven't a clue. I doubt it would be possible to trace the guy down either, for a dump if it was indeed the real deal.

It might be possible to track the guy down... I think they've since moved away though. And who knows what might have happened to their Atari stuff over the 20 years that it's been...

--Zero

I don't know how far along it got, but it was advertised on the backs of some manuals. It could exist in prototype form, but I doubt it. Of course with all new unheard of prototypes poping up every other week lately...

Just a bit of triva for you to wonder about: John Marvin, the programmer of Crypts of Chaos says he made a Planet of the Apes game that was complete but never got out of play testing. I don't know about you, but I'd love to get my hands on that! Also, he said that there was a second different Porky's game (this time focusing on the pigs from the sign instead of the movie). Freaky!

Tempest

I used to buy carts at a flea market that doesn't exist anymore. One day while I was in there the guy selling carts insisted that he had a Porky's II and sold it. He had a large collection and really knew his carts but I didn't believe him at the time. Hmmm, now I wonder...