IGNORED

Boinxx work in progress

Heaven/TQA

ok... collision 1st draft implemented... check it out... of course 1st press start to enter the "jostick mode" where you can "jump around... jump around"... game should quit to the attrack mode after hitting the water... so its obvious that you should restart 1st when the ball is over a platform... ;)

it was easier than 1st thought... gave me some nightmares that i just need to check for hitting the ground when the ball is "down"... ;) and not when its up... hahahhaa... give me 30 minutes to realise what was wrong... the test area can be finetuned on pixel bases if its not right at the moment...

boinxx3.zip

post-528-1102461704_thumb.jpg

thanks for sharing - Very nice :) - has a good "look" to it already, even at this early stage. Of course a few little glitches to work out. As you are already doing, I agree it is important to get the basics working first, so you have more time to get the "feel" of the game right.

I know this is only test level - but some gaps too big? Depending how big levels are, testing to make sure they are all playable could be tricky. Mind you, when it is decided exactly how many pixels the ball can jump across, it should be easy enough to make sure that when designing level that this is never over stretched. (But then again, I suppose there will be power-up to jump much further too!)

Have fun

sheddy... that's exactly why i am not designing any new background at the moment as 1st i have to make the "feeling" of the ball right... after that it's clear how long the ball can jump...

and yes... there will be powerups... ;) and there will be a power up bar below the score panel similar to the street fighter games... which is filled up while playing... (or moving over a power up field...)

more more details later on...

ok... small update (laptop accu is nearly empty... so time to upload the progress... ;))

- new gfx tile set... cant watch the bubble level at the moment... ;)

- new bigger level data just for testing... done in charpad... still very nice little tool...

- level depacker written in turbo basic.... so weekends will be the 1st assembler version... algorithmus done...

- gfx bug in pm draw routine fixed and appointed

check it out... my sweet heart pointed out that the ball should jump wider when joystick is pressed up...so here it is...

post-528-1102553039_thumb.jpg

boinxx3.zip

at the moment it's not defined how big a level can be as it can be larger as soon as the realtime depacker is activated... that reduces the unpacked level data by factor 16...and with fox' flashpack it will be packed again...

as soon as it's in we can decide how big levels will be in general...

i'll post a little update later today with moving water behind the platforms for more depth...

stay tuned...

btw. as longer the gem'x song is included as more it fit to the game... it's burning into my brain... ;)

too confusing???.... side moving of waves next.......

msx by sack/cos... just for variation... but beware these rmt tracks are not the final msx... they are just place holders to test if everything works...

samurai... 4x VBL rmt tracks are definitly not possible... i tried to include your (unfinished) TBL "Tint" track... but boinxx get totally messed up while RMT consumes too much CPU time for 4x RMTs.... (HEY!!! Tint is one of the greatest tracks ever... check out A1200 demo tint by TBL... or look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Black_Lotus

http://www.tbl.org/demos2.htm

in best british tradition (hello TMR & sack ;) what about a PES4 match?)... i am drunk.... :D just downloaded the tint mpeg file which i will burn as a dvd... TBL rock da place on amiga... imho one of the best... at 07:20 the euro dance music track starts... unbelievable great... it blew me away when i first saw the demo and heard the track... incl. the singing voice... ... aarag... have to dig out my amiga 1200 machine... to play back all the great style demos...

http://jaskier.atari8.info/index_en.html

samurai... or what about using TMC2.0 for music???? i have just checked out jaskiers TMC2.0 dated 10.12.04 and this tracker seems interesting as well??? (check out the delivered & converted f.e. zybex track...)

can't wait to recieve the track by you... :)