IGNORED

Boinxx work in progress

Heaven/TQA

Stephen,

For $ 50, you can get a PAL 800XL from B&C Computervisions.

Also, the 16:9 Westinghouse flat screens are PAL / SECAM / NTSC (just bought one for my European DVD Player). You can get them at any Best Buy.

AB.

Great - thanks for the info on the screen - I'll check them out next time I am at Best Buy. I've been told my 1084S monitor will work fine with PAL machines though, so I should be ok in that area. I probably shouldn't buy another 8-bit machine - I have 8 already (400, 2-800, 600XL with 64K, 2-800XL, 1200XL, 130XE). I should modify one of the 800XLs as I'm pretty sure it will only cost $10 and some change.

Man - I didn't know I had so many machines until I typed this reply. I guess I shouldn't complain too much about how many pairs of shoes my girlfriend has :D

Stephen Anderson

• 1 month later...

just to let you know what i am doing at the moment... well...to be honest...i am playing most of the time world of warcraft... :)

but there are small boinxx progresses still going on... i am playing around with the enemy engine (how should it be implemented) but i never made such a thing... maybe TMR can help here how he made a kind of pattern based enemy routines in his shoot'em ups?

i am still playing around with concepts before i touch code again.... so don't worry...boinxx is still growing but i do not post any new binary yet.

but there are small boinxx progresses still going on... i am playing around with the enemy engine (how should it be implemented) but i never made such a thing... maybe TMR can help here how he made a kind of pattern based enemy routines in his shoot'em ups?

There's a number of ways to handle waves, your best bet would probably to have a release system that specifies which object to use, it's movement pattern and a timer to release the next object - that means they can be synchronised to the background and the game plays the same every time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

ok.... small update here... past few weeks i played around with my 1st enemy in boinx... find attachted the test-file with 2 enemies getting for the player...you can move the player around...

i think it's quite good...the source is included as well... the guys in the 2600 programming forum help me regarding the maths... (no... this is not a 2600 game... ;) just load the .obx file as .xex file in atari800win)

enemy1.zip

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 years later...
  • 1 year later...