Mr. Do's Castle

Kangaroo (APX did release this on disk)

Some games had different versions on the 8-bit:

Mario Bros.

Qix

Centipede

Now if you count prototypes then the list get's quite large:

5200 Menu

A.E. (the full version WAS released on disk, but cart version is different)

Battlezone (XE version is different)

Blackbelt

Boogie Demo

Frisky Tom

Looney Toons Hotel

Meebzork

Microgammon

Miniature Golf

RS Basketball

Roadrunner

Spitfire

Sport Goofy

Tempest

Xari Arena

Xevious

Yellow Submarine Demo

Tempest

I have played Blue Print and Gremlins before on the A8 though.  

Were those official A8 releases or prototypes?  

Most likely not. They were converted by pirates back in the day though, and widely circulated. There is an official A8 Blue Print proto out there (someone here said they had it), and Gremlins was programmed for the A8 but never released (prototype artwork also exists).

Tempest

Blueprint and Gremlins are 5200 conversions but there's a very strong possibility both exist as true A8 prototypes.

Someone here said they had a true Blueprint proto, I can't remember who though.

Gremlins DOES exist as a proto, but its currently on a dev disk somewhere. :)

Tempest

• 3 months later...

Add one more to the list, I discovered Countermeasure for the 8-bit tonight. I have screenshots over at JSII in the Computers section...

Also, I found Xevious on one of the disks. It only worked to the title screen but I think I know the problem, can anyone let me know what the title screen looks like on the ROM floating around out there. I don't use emulators, it's against my religion..... :)

post-2147-1110006427_thumb.jpg

Add one more to the list, I discovered Countermeasure for the 8-bit tonight.  I have screenshots over at JSII in the Computers section...

Also, I found Xevious on one of the disks.  It only worked to the title screen but I think I know the problem, can anyone let me know what the title screen looks like on the ROM floating around out there. I don't use emulators, it's against my religion.....  :)

Did you find them on Atari development disks or are they just the 5200 conversions that have been floating around for ages?

--

Atari Frog

http://www.atarimania.com

Add one more to the list, I discovered Countermeasure for the 8-bit tonight.  I have screenshots over at JSII in the Computers section...

Also, I found Xevious on one of the disks.  It only worked to the title screen but I think I know the problem, can anyone let me know what the title screen looks like on the ROM floating around out there. I don't use emulators, it's against my religion.....  :)

Did you find them on Atari development disks or are they just the 5200 conversions that have been floating around for ages?

--

Atari Frog

http://www.atarimania.com

--

Atari Froghttp://www.atarimania.com

They were on Atari development disks. I didn't think there was a conversion floating around for Countermeasure?

--

They were on Atari development disks. I didn't think there was a conversion floating around for Countermeasure?

In addition, I've been told over at JSII that the boot screen for Xevious is different than the ROM that is floating around....

I also have a nifty demo that was done by the Robot/Rocket guy called Wizard. As I understand it this has never been seen before either.

That's great 8)  

I've seen two different title screens for Xevious. IIRC, the uncommon one has the nice game logo with some nifty colors. The font may be different as well, I can't remember...

Is Wizard a game demo? Is there anything else on the disks?  

--

Yeah, Wizard is just a demo by the Rocket/Robot guy. After he did those for Atari he was trying to get them to pay him for this Wizard demo. He was planning to add some animation to it as well. I have screenshots of all the items on the disks over at JSII.