IGNORED

High Score Club Week 36: Seaquest

keilbaca

This is not an entry for the HSC.  This is only a correction.  My Seaquest score listed in the "Twin Galaxies Top 3" section at the top of this thread should be 999,999 (not 999,990).  On this one I actually tied "The Great TR"!! :D

8)

That's my long term goal on this one as well. Pitfall Harry also accomplished this feat some months ago. There was a topic on it, with excel spreadsheet of point breakdowns for each level. Along with pictures. :) It's been on my heavy rotation list now for a few months, but I'm nowhere near that score.

This is not an entry for the HSC.  This is only a correction.  My Seaquest score listed in the "Twin Galaxies Top 3" section at the top of this thread should be 999,999 (not 999,990).  On this one I actually tied "The Great TR"!! :D

My bad, I had you both set to 1st, place, the 9 and 0 are right next to each other... sorry about that.

Hi there!

My tip for this game is to remember that the 6th man finishes the level - so if you have 5 divers and a 6th comes out - refill your bonus bar and get the diver - you should be able to get another one for bigger bonus :)

Hehe, so my next tip is to ignore the tip above. ;)

- Everytime you surface, the game progresses in difficulty, so you should avoid any extra oxygen refill at all cost.

- Exception: In higher levels, above 80K, I misuse the oxygen refil to skip the "waves of 3s". I quickly deliver any single diver I can grab as fast as possible, until the game switches to single waves again.

Another small hint:

- Even when a diver is already impossible to catch, still kill the sharks. There's a chance that the diver will U-Turn and come back to you...

Greetings,

Manuel

I wondered when someone would figure that out. ;) Also, if you have 6 extra subs in reserve and you're about to go over the point total to earn another that will not be awarded; go ahead and collect 6 divers but do not surface. Run out of O2 on purpose while shooting for max points and lose a life. This will allow you to play at the same difficulty level again and earn more points. You will also immediately pick up your lost life as well.

This can set you far ahead in points when you have to play at the extreme levels where all the divers seem to evade you and you're on a "triples level" and just cannot clear a path to any(around level 30+ IIRC). I can't imagine trying to play at that level on difficulty A-- so have at it with those slow shots. ;)

Looking forward to getting my hands on a tv this weekend, since my fingers get all flubbed up amongst the keyboard keys once the going gets fast!

Get yourself a Stelladapter, best money I ever spent!

Or, just mod your xbox and get the stella emu for it ;)

I just want to emphasize, if you can, please take a screenshot. if you're in an emulator, the best way is to press ALT+ENTER and make it a window. then you can press print screen, and its nice and small for you. go to paint, paste it, cut to size appropriately. Some emulators allow you to take screenshots in game as well, like Z26 is the = button. If you're playing on a real atari... nothing you can do unless you have a capture card you play through and use the program to take a screenshot.