IGNORED

Alien Menace

neotokeo2001

You pilot a Star Fighter over what is left of your Homeworld. The attack came so fast that you are the only fighter that was able to get airbourne, no one else survived!!!

It's just you and them. Wipe out the ALIEN MENACE and take your revenge!!

Alien Menace is a hack of River Raid. Shoot everything for points. Shoot the U.F.O's that have landed for an additional bonus. Watch your fuel. Re-fuel by passing over the fuel towers.

alien_menace.zip

post-3832-1104815094_thumb.jpg

post-3832-1104815095_thumb.jpg

post-3832-1104815096_thumb.jpg

VERY cool hack as always NEO.  Can the sound be changed at all?  THAT would be way cool!

The sound should be easy to change. The problem is that I use Hack-O-Matic and not the disassembly. I see where the sound effects are on the disassembly but have a hard time getting the right line of code in Hack-o-Matic.

No one posted any scores. :sad:

Admit it!!! Alien Menace owns you all!!!!!! :evil:

It has so shattered your confidence that you tremble at the thought of playing another round. Your pathetic shooter skills are more suited to little glasses found at bars then the Atari 2600. Admit it!!! Admit it!!!! Hahahaaahahaaa

Or else it just sucks........ :D

No one posted any scores.  :sad:  

Admit it!!! Alien Menace owns you all!!!!!!  :evil:  

It has so shattered your confidence that you tremble at the thought of playing another round. Your pathetic shooter skills are more suited to little glasses found at bars then the Atari 2600. Admit it!!! Admit it!!!! Hahahaaahahaaa

Or else it just sucks........ :D

SCORES?

All your scores are belong to us!!!!!

Well, Im not trembling, but I am eager to get this on a cart.

And, you've yet to make a hack that has sucked!!! Some are better than others, this one is actually one of the better ones man.

If someone can help with changing the sound effects, Let me know.

And don't take my suggestion as absolute. It's still cool as it is, but I just threw in my opinion (which you may notice, ask for it or not, my opinion comes with me. :D )

Keep hacking man!

There are still a few things that need to be changed.

Get rid of the road stripes.

Make Landed UFO Bonus sprite smaller

I would like to change the sounds a little.

I am eager to get this on a cart.

I may have some sort of contest for a copy of Alien Menace on a cart and also a T-Shirt. I dont think I will release this otherwise.

16218051_F_tn.jpg

Any ideas for a contest? (High Score? Fan Fiction?)

Are you "releasing" it to be considered for the Hack Update, or next year's Stan Awards?

It is released but in no way a Final BIN yet. I have decided to go ahead and have a Short Story (Fan Fiction) Contest for Alien Menace. The only carts that I will have made are for myself and the contest winner. The Short Story Contest should be a good change of pace from the normal contest.

Check out the Contest Page:

http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dl...geid=189491&ck=

I will start a Contest Thread soon.

sorry, neo, I've been so busy with Stan Awards that I haven't been playing new hacks much. This one is great! How did you get so many new sprites in this? I love the skull bomb things, and the little rainbow aliens. This is very well done. I like that you can fly through so many paths, unlike river raid where you usually just have to make a left/right choice.

Well done. My best was only 14K first time out.

How did you get so many new sprites in this?  I love the skull bomb things, and the little rainbow aliens.  This is very well done.  I like that you can fly through so many paths, unlike river raid where you usually just have to make a left/right choice.

Well done.  My best was only 14K first time out.

No new sprites have been added. Just converted.

The yellow landed UFO is actually the Tree/House from River Raid.

The multiple paths is what I like best about this one. A little into the game some of the enemies will actually start to behave more aggressively. Don't think that a wall between you an enemy makes you safe.

I am sure you will soon shatter my score.

Be sure to enter the Alien Menace Story Contest:

http://atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=63074

does this mean you could theoretically blow up the houses and trees in the original River Raid?

Anywho, expertly done.

Yes. The house and trees are displayed like any other sprite in the game. It even has a spot in the score table in the code. All I had to do was get rid of the land and assign a point value to it. It would probably be easy to give it movement, but I wanted a stationary bonus that took some risk to get to.

I am happy with all the enemies except for the yellow UFO Bonus. It will change before the final version. Can you think of any names?

Enemy 1

enemy1.gif

Enemy 2

enemy2.gif

Enemy 3

enemy3.gif

Enemy 4

enemy4.gif

Enemy 5

enemy5.gif

Enemy 1 is a normal soldier.

Enemy 2 is an Elite/Special soldier.