IGNORED

Is there something wrong with using armor all on a console?

Atarian7

I've used Armor All on my car but never ever on anything else. The bad thing about Armor All that I have heard is that if you get any on the paint of the car, if you ever decide to repaint the car, then the new paint will flake off of that area.

Armor All does clean well, but it leaves a greasy residue that could break down plastics over time.

I use rubbing alchohol or just plain warm water. Goo gone works wonders for those tough stains.

Well, as I'm a n00b with the whole vintage gaming thing, I've cleaned the consoles I've obtained so far with Armor All. I probably wouldn't do it again though - it's been months, and my hands still feel "gummy" whenever I handle the consoles. Even if it's not damaging, it's annoying enough for me not to do it again.

Actually, supposidly the Armor All actually penetrates the metal and thus even if the metal is sanded down, the paint can still peel due to the Armor All absorbed in the metal. I know it sounds far fetched, but that's what I heard froma few grease monkeys.

This is utter nonsense. I worked for many, many years in auto body, and still do my own car restorations. The paint will not peel on a properly prepped job regardless of what has or has not been on the surface.

-S

hmmm..i have painted a few cars and never had this problem, in particular a Honda CRX that I know there was Armor All on one spot under the mirror on the driver door...painted just fine...like i said...good one for mythbusters  :D  

:ponder:

Kick Ass Mock! What year? I have a '89 HF I'm restoring. Them 'lil buggars are fun to zip around in, armour all'd or not.