IGNORED

Pitfall 2 map

Fretwobbler

We do have the map linked from our Pitfall II entry, it's listed under the Related Links header (along with a few other interesting things). However, we don't have the map linked from the 5200 version. Is the layout the same for the first level? And does someone have a map of the second level we can link to or include on AtariAge?

..Al

[ 12-11-2001: Message edited by: Albert ]

• 7 months later...

Yes, if you complete level 1 on the Atari 800 version, Pitfall Harry jump up and down, like in all others games. But then in the left there open a black door and then he walk in there and start in level 2. But what you must do there I have no idea. Never played the second level, because it was to hard. :D

Yes, if you complete level 1 on the Atari 800 version, Pitfall Harry jump up and down, like in all others games. But then in the left there open a black door and then he walk in there and start in level 2. But what you must do there I have no idea. Never played the second level, because it was to hard. :D

Question: the map is the same, but only more difficult to play?

No way dude.. the map is much BIGGER and you have 4 other items to find, The Golden Rope, The Flute, The Flute Charmer, and The Basket! (Thanks to Tempest for this info over at digitpress).

That's what just got me intrigued about the 8-bit Pitfall II.

Here are the maps for Level 1 and Level 2

pitfall2_map.gif

Pitfall2_Map_Level2.png

• 1 month later...

No way dude.. the map is much BIGGER and you have 4 other items to find, The Golden Rope, The Flute, The Flute Charmer, and The Basket! (Thanks to Tempest for this info over at digitpress).

That's what just got me intrigued about the 8-bit Pitfall II.

Here are the maps for Level 1 and Level 2

Finally, last sunday I find the time to play Pitfall II with my XE; ending the first level and DISCOVERED the second level.. WOW!!! Second level it's beautiful :D Harder, but beautiful! You know, I complete Pitfall II with the VCS, with Commodore 64, but never on the Atari 8 bit version, and find another level it's like a 'new version' of pitfall II. Bats that fly up and down, ants... it's great :D :D

This thread is crazy :?  :D  :?  

Im down as the thread starter, but Albert answers my question a day before I asked it :o time machine!

Then the first post is by Crossbow answering MattyXB's question, a day before he asked it :)

Yeah, it appears there was a bug in the conversion process from the old forums. Some messages were imported in the wrong order in a few threads, including this one apparently. :) This wasn't noticed until after the new forums were running for a day or three, and by then it was really too late to do anything about it.

..Al

I've never played Pitfall 2 on any system. This thread is making me

want to get a copy. As I understand it this 2nd level is only on the

800/5200 version? How does it play on the 2600, Colecovision or C=64?

John

The one level you get plays brilliantly on the 2600, the music is some of the best you'll hear on it as well. You owe it to yourself to buy it immediately.

Adam

John,

The 2600, ColecoVision and C-64 versions of Pitfall II, while not harboring the secret level, are all excellent.

I've beat the secret level ONCE (on the 8-bit). Every subsequent time I play it, those damn Wacky-Bats (as I call them) frustrate me and I turn the game off, wondering why I'm wasting so much time. Regardless, you can't go wrong with this title on any system, unless you hate adventures or platform games.

CF