IGNORED

HSC Season 2 Week 1: Enduro

keilbaca

Strap on your goggles. Sink into your seat. And leave all your fears in the pit. You're about to enter the race of your life. You'll be required to pass lots of cars each day. Through sun and snow and fog and ice, sunrise to sunset - as fast as you can. Welcome to the National Enduro!

Game Information
Left Difficulty Not used
Right Difficulty Not used
Game Mode Default
Chosen By The Group

Post your scores right here in this thread, and I will add them to the list. Remember to play the game with the recommended game mode and difficulty settings as shown above so that your scores will be consistent with everyone elses. The deadline for posting scores will be approximately Monday, January 24th at 1:30 AM (CST). In case you haven't already done so, please read the High Score Club rules. There is other useful information contained in that previous link, including a list of previous High Score Club games!

1st place as of Thursday, 11:59 PM gets to pick next week's game. This gives me time to get the page ready, and to get a response from 1st place.

We cannot post the ROM due to Activison owning rights to the game. Sorry.

If you are not a member of the High Score Club, but would like to be, then all you have to do is post a reply saying so, and I'll add you to the list!

High Scores
  • :
    (Default Settings)
    • 1. 118,000 (Todd Rogers)
      2. 1,349.9 (Kieth C Post)
      3. 1,130.0 (Todd Smith)

Best Tips:

Beat the Champ (Beat the champ, get 2x points

Bounty points, get number of pts offered.
Keilbaca: Pass all 300 cars, day 3, before it turns night.
Prize: 2 points from me.
Terminated, no one performed it.

Score Statistics
  • Average Score: 1001.9
    [*]Std. Deviation: 175.2
    [*]Total Score: 30,056.9

Current Standings None yet!

Member List
(Will be created as the scores show up)

Scoring Points in Enduro
Days and kilometres. A realistic odometer registers the kilometres you've covered. Beneath the odometer is the day indicator, which keeps track of the number of days you've been on the Enduro circuit. When the race is over, the kilometre reading on the odometer and the day on the indicator represent your racing results or score.

Score Rolls?Locks up at 118,000

Hints and Tips
As always, you really should read the manual.

What's that? You don't have the manual? Well, then you can always check out this typed copy of the manual hosted right here at AtariAge.

What's that? You're too lazy to click that link? Well, here's some hints from the manual:

- The best way to outlast other drivers is to pace yourself. You won't survive long if you stay at maximum speed because you'll keep hitting the other cars. Go only as fast as it takes to pass the required number of cars each day.

- If you can choose between steering into the side of the road or hitting another car, always steer into the roadside. It's just a minor setback, and you won't lose as much time.

- Also, it's always better to go around diagonally paired cars than to squeeze between them. But, if you must squeeze between them, keep your speed just above theirs and be careful!

- Here's another tip; If you approach a group of cars that are really blocking the road - slow down. Let them disappear back into the distance ahead of you. Then, accelerate. When you meet up with these cars again, they will have probably changed their positions.

(The Manual)

TIP: The footpedal controller is handy for saving your thumb as well as making it a more realistic driving experience.

(Robert M)

First, some days are harder than others. For instance, I think day 5 is much easier than day 3, so you can relax a little during those.

Second, during the night scenes where you can't see the car, just the lights, the car isn't actually there. You can drive right through where the car would be. Hence, the night scenes both before and after the fog are a good place to drive really fast.

Third, go slow in the fog and on the ice. It is more important not to wreck in these places than to pass very many cars. I usually don't even hit the gas in the sections, just cruise through a little bit faster than the other cars. You can pass about 30 cars this way in each section.

Fourth, if you figure out how many cars you need to be past at a certain point to make it to the next level, you won't have to hurry unless you need to, so you can drive slower in the hard parts and still make it. For instance, I usually need to pass about 100-125 cars before the end of the ice, and I need to have less than 75-100 left when I hit the beginning of the fog. It is possible to pass about 50 cars after the fog, sometimes more. That way, if you've passed more cars by those markers then you can slow down and still make it.

Fifth, I usually hug the right side for the majority of the game. That way I'm not dodging cars, I'm just passing the ones that are in my lane. The other side probably works just as well, but they both work better than the middle.

(gospeedde)
1 - Go fast in the dark like someone said earlier.. the cars are not there.. only their headlights, so you have a little more driving space.
2 - Slow down in fog. Better to not hit anything and get through and pass more cars.
3 - Someone said not to speed in snow. I say go at a good pace in snow on corners, but speed on straightaways.

(yuppicide)

Good luck everyone!

--Keilbaca

Standings are current as of the beginning of this week, and do NOT include
points from this week's game. If you think there has been a mistake in
any of the scoring, please contact me.