IGNORED

HSC2 2 Pole Position

Goochman

That run was nearly perfect. I played this game to death when I was a kid so I'm pretty happy with that score :)

Didn't crash the car once so got a great bonus for cars passed and extended time. Someone who knows the trick with the timer can probably do a bit better (you just need to know when to slow down so it doesn't reset to zero).

--

Atari Frog

http://www.atarimania.com

Well, with too much time left, the counter resets to zero because it can only handle two digits. I believe you're safe if you make it to the finish line with less than 35 seconds left for each lap (to avoid having 99+ seconds of extended time).

BTW, it would be great if someone could disassemble the code and fix that bug :)

--

Atari Frog

http://www.atarimania.com

Actually, I have no idea, how to gain more than 109000...

I drove berzerk, took a bunch of cars by driving through the middle, jumping over the green, if necessary, and no crash happened plus running full speed over the "finish-line"....

Btw: Is it possible to get more than 14000 points at the qualifying?

14K is max from 1st lap - This game is big on time bonus - though you dont crash, how much did you slow down? I actually crashed 2 times in my 107K run though I remember not crashing at all for my old run.

Something seems strange that I cant put my finger on - I was convinced a score over 106K was never possible ;)

108,850... Too much traffic in the final lap this time so lost some crucial bonus points...

Did you notice the car occasionally reaches more than 195 MPH?  

--

Atari Froghttp://www.atarimania.com

Yes - I think it hits 215 or 225 - I never figured out how this happens but I think it is influenced by the amount of time you have full trottle going, but I never understood it.

Houston we have a problem!

Ok, I played on NTSC today and as I suspected is alot harder - the Timer is not as generous as on the PAL version - I had 2 crashes on the PAL game and got over 107K - I had 2 crashes on the NTSC one and didnt make it to lap 8 - In fact, every lap I completed from 3 - 7 I had less time which meant an error could cost me the game..................

So..........what to do?

If everyone can play the PAL version this week that would be more fair - but Im open to suggestions.

I've played at 60Hz and have to admit, that the time runs faster.

But the "floating" of the game is more playable. The cause for this might be the higher frame rate. The game is faster, and it can be played faster (more precisely), because the movement is a 'step more' realistic.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about it.  There's no money attached to the contest, just the honor of crushing the competition with your incredible retro gaming skills.

I wouldn't give any bonus points though.

Agree Shawn - Play your best on whatever system - bonus points eliminated - though I would be curious if someone can beat 105550 on NTSC ;)