IGNORED

IMPORTANT NOTICE - Please Read!

Albert

The company hosting our server is migrating everything to a new (physical) location. Our server is scheduled to be moved Friday, December 14th, starting at 11:30PM CST. This means that once they unplug our server, AtariAge will be down until they have completed moving it. They estimate this move will take from 45 to 90 minutes once started. So if you try reaching AtariAge after 11:30pm on 12/14 and you can't get to the site, this is the reason why. So please don't panic.

..Al

quote:

Originally posted by Rhindle The Red:

I gues I'll schedule some
Ultima Online
time.

I don't think you can only schedule some time for playing a game like Ultima Online. I've been very careful not to start playing any of those online games, as I know I'd quickly get swallowed up into a massive time sink from which escape is nearly impossible. I see a lot of that here at work and it frightens me. AtariAge is bad enough as it is.

..Al

quote:

Originally posted by Albert:

I don't think you can only schedule
some
time for playing a game like Ultima Online.

Ain't that the truth. I don't know how many times I've played for "just an hour" only to look up and notice it's 4:00am.

But anyway, isn't all of this off topic?

I thought you were cracking down and here you are exploiting the overuse of the 2600 forum to post a system status message.

tsk....tsk....tsk....

j/k

quote:

Originally posted by Rhindle The Red:

I thought you were cracking down and here you are exploiting the overuse of the 2600 forum to post a system status message.

Damn, busted. I knew I should have placed a disclaimer in that message. The only reason I posted this message to the 2600 forum is I make sure everyone reads it, since it is fairly important. I'll probably post a little news blurb to the front page later tonight to catch everyone who doesn't read the message boards (which is probably the majority of visitors!)

..Al

quote:

AtariAge will be down until they have completed moving it. They estimate this move will take from 45 to 90 minutes once started.

WHAT!?!? What the hell am I going to do if I can't get to the message boards for 45 minutes! I'll die!

Heheh, just kidding... I'll probably be at work during that time anyways Thanks for the heads-up anyways.

--Zero

quote:

The only reason I posted this message to the 2600 forum is I make sure everyone reads it

yeah, yeah, that's the same lame old excuse other people try to use when the post off-topic stuff in the 2600 forum. tsk tsk.

Ironic Stan