IGNORED

No one stole my HERO

sway3

As long as you get whats yours, ive no beef with ken. ive had nothing against him to begin with and i do not know him personally or very long enough to make an honest judgement. But i do trust albert and if he says Ken is good and Sway is getting what is his, all is good

Well I suppose that we should all get back to the way it was before, if it were my topic i would delete it cause it was a misunderstanding but thats what i would do *Shrug* do as you like

I think the moral of this story is DO NOT SELL/TRADE with people you do not know off of E-bay. I did it once, got burned and I was FURIOUS for days at my stupidity. You will probably get your games this time but next time may be different. (I think to this day I am still upset over that transaction, or half-transaction for that matter.)Just a little rant.

"If MrX @ thirdparty.com said "Yeah, lets do it". He should have had those games boxed and waiting to go."

Normally, that would make sense, but if you read his post carefully, you would see that the items were up on ebay and I doubt he wanted to wait for them to go off or for anyone to bid on them. So he started talking to the owner immediately. I agree, it seems like it could of been better handled, but if you think someone at some company just has access to products to give to people at will, you are sadly mistaken. He most likely had to do some paperwork and other stuff to get the items in trade ready to go to the individual.

quote:

Originally posted by Arcadenut:

I say thats bullshit. Doesn't anyone take responsiblity for their actions anymore?

If MrX @ thirdparty.com said "Yeah, lets do it". He should have had those games boxed and waiting to go. When he received the games, that box should have gone out.

I wouldn't feel to bad, there appears to be plenty of other azzholes on this board that agreed with you. lol

quote:

Originally posted by sway3:

ACK!!

I just read albert's post and I feel horrible.

I only intended to post a "situation" that I was frustrated with...

I NEVER meant to call or name names. I have personally emailed my contact and directed them here. I also will delete every post I made and re-title this 'sway3 is a jerk' if need be.

...okay, I just heard "you got mail."

Seems my contact doesn't mind? I still feel bad.

I think I will leave it as is, but change my title a bit...

I still don't understand. If this Thirdpartycompany guy is the same Thirdpartycompany guy that posts here, why didn't he post a message asking AtariAge members for whatever thirdPartyCompany games he was looking for?

Why go to eBay sellers without asking here first?

If I were approached like Sway3 was, I would have been very suspicious. This would have seemed like a scam even if it really wasn't.

Sway3, I don't think you over reacted. A month is a long time. Profesional people honor their business deals and obligations in a timely manner. He made a deal with you and he should have kept it. "Being too busy" is an excuse and not a very good one.

You(Sway3) should not have had to send this person multiple emails in order to finally receive what was owed to you.

same for me ... only a positive experience with ken ... i sent him some activision patches he needed for a presentation, and they came back fastly enough and safely packed with DHL.

when i opened it i found an extra pitfall box i had never asked for.

so don't worry, sway ...

when you have to think about the days you wait for your stuff, just think how much time some of your games have waited for you to find them and play them again.

quote:

Originally posted by berzerk:

Normally, that would make sense, but if you read his post carefully, you would see that the items were up on ebay and I doubt he wanted to wait for them to go off or for anyone to bid on them. So he started talking to the owner immediately.

Thats not at issue here. I have no problem with that, other than its against eBay rules.

quote:

I agree, it seems like it could of been better handled, but if you think someone at some company just has access to products to give to people at will, you are sadly mistaken.

If he didn't have access to them, they he had NO RIGHT to even enter into the deal. Period.

quote:

He most likely had to do some paperwork and other stuff to get the items in trade ready to go to the individual.

Then he should have done that up front before Sway3 sent the carts.

..... talking to the owner immediately......

that's something i often do, i admit .... that's the only way to grab rare stuff cheaply before the bidding wars begin ...

don't really care if it's against ebay-rules .... what the f++++? ebay makes so much money on me and my "business-partners" and have no service. you need to know that as a german seller, you have no reserve price, etc ... tons of service missing ....

and i can't sell on ebay.com, because i have no credit card .... how stupid ....

contacting the seller is also a good way to find new trading partners. i have been putting up stuff for expensive starting prices, actually just to be contacted for trades ... and it works ... good traders contact you saying "it's to expensive ... you wont sell ... don't you wanna trade"

im gonna post here cause ive dealt with Ken Love at times. and ive always seen him to be very honest. ive been in delay to mail out one of the activisioin games he was lookinh for but i know he is a good guy. he is very honest and tries to be as helpful as he can without breaking the rules ( thus why i couldnt get an atari patch for my achivements in grand prix and boxing. ) since they put a post office near me i will be getting to it . But what ever people think about KEN i want to go on record calling him a good honest atari professional.