IGNORED

'2600 emulator demo

Andrew Davie

A demo version of my GBA Atari 2600 emulator is downloadable from www.2headed.com/2600.bin - this contains many ROMs (explaining the size), only two of which are enabled (Qb and Pitfall). Speed is quite dismal - about 4fps, but I am midway through an upgrade and will announce further speedups as they occur.

This emulator runs on actual Gameboy Advance hardware, and some emulators. It's just super-cool to play (even slowly) '2600 games on your GBA!

Anyway, thought some would like to see stuff running. If you have a specific game request, I'll do a version if it gets more than 10 votes from others.

Wow! Now I can emulate the 2600 on an emulated Gameboy Advance! ... sarcasm aside*, this is actually pretty cool, and I wish you the best of luck. How have you managed to test this on actual hardware?

I still wish it had a 2600 cartridge port on it... that would definitely make me go out and buy a GBA right now

* - My brother has told me that UAE (the Unix Amiga Emulator) was ported to the Amiga itself... and it's actually useful because you can emulate hardware that you don't have installed, such as the Picasso '96 graphics board and such... pretty crazy

--Zero