IGNORED

Hey! Stop!

Ze_ro

quote:

Originally posted by Ze_ro:

Ran across
this
on eBay... will the goofy pirate names never end? Also, check out the labels on the other games in the picture...

eBay is a great source of pictures to confirm whether or not various foreign titles actually exist. If anyone sees an auction for games that we don't have in our database, please let us know, especially if there are decent pictures of the items. We don't want the pictures, since we wouldnt' use them without permission, although we'll often ask the seller if he/she can scan items for us. But we can use them to add more international entries, and perhaps make corrections to existing ones. We do spend time browing eBay looking for auctions like this, but we don't have time to look at everything.

..Al

Yeah, I tried searching the archive for "Hey! Stop!" after seeing that auction, but found nothing... I would assume that it's probably Keystone Kapers, but I have no idea what company actually made these... Strange that they would choose to rip-off as crappy a game as Karate though...

--Zero

Albert, did you get these pictures I put in another post. They are a Taiwan import of Bobby is Going home, I don't think you had it listed.

I'm still working on getting the other scans.

For the other imports I have.

http://www.atari2600.net/aspDisplayPicture...IsGoingHome.jpg

http://www.atari2600.net/aspDisplayPicture...nBobbyFront.jpg

http://www.atari2600.net/aspDisplayPicture...anBobbyBack.jpg

They look very similar to some games made by Rainbowvision that I just bought off eBay.

Especially Hey Stop - I'm sure that's the same picture as is on my Rainbowvision Hey Stop cartridge - but mine says Video Game above the title.

By the way does anybody know of a good site for information about Pirate 2600 games?

-mitchell-

quote:

Originally posted by sway3:

Tom Boy is also made by that "Taiwan 1" company and is actually Pitfall - which they also released as... Pitfall.

I thought that Tom Boy and the Pitfall with the kid on it were both full blown hacks of Pitfall! with all new graphics and not just Pitfall!.

I have tomboy and yes it is a hack of Pitfall with slight graphic changes. The instructions on the back of the box are funny as hell, and give clues to the graphic changes....

Your mission is to help her cross the deadly dangers which are swamps, quicksand, spider monster leopards, and lions in the underground. And there are obstacles, pits and cobras, to obstruct Tomboy from crossing hazards. On the adventuring trip, Tomboy perhaps recovers treasures, diamond ring, gold bar, silver bar, and money bag. She has twenty minutes to go through the jungle.

Scoring

Starting with $2,000. Accidental misfortunes will cause a deduction of her property, but the treasures increase her property.

Increase: Diamond Ring $5,000 Gold Bar $4,000 Silver Bar $3,000 Money Bag $2,000

Deduction: Unmoved Cobra $20 Pit $100 Moving Cobra

spider monster leopards, and lions !!!!!

Also another thing thats odd is the main character in the game is a girl..And the lable clearly shows her without a shirt on!!! Maybe this should have been a Playaround Title!

hey, check out these pics ..... same case, same designs .... these ones are from germany .... we also have the "cooper black" and some we'll have to call "futura condensed" ......

these typo names are ridiculous ;-D

i think they were all made in asia from starsoft .... that would explain the S.S. mark on the back of all these carts ....

pict one

pict two

greetings

i think they were all made in asia from starsoft .... that would explain the S.S. mark on the back of all these carts ....

The Rainbowvision games that I mentioned in my earlier post have "S.S." and a number printed on the bottom right hand corner of the label - so Jah Fish must be right about them all being made by the same company.

Does anybody have more information about Starsoft?

I hope I get soone my 8 Dragonfire cart variant. OK, with diffrent names, but all the same game.

Here my 7 Dragonfires, I hope to get soone the Dragonfire PAL with white Lable.

Dragonfire Variants

And maybe soone I get my 7 Bobby is going home Variant.

Matthias

[ 12-12-2001: Message edited by: MattyXB ]

quote:

Originally posted by jahfish:

I think they were all made in asia from starsoft .... that would explain the S.S. mark on the back of all these carts

It is my believe that no firm called Star Soft exists. This name was made up by Hans Reutter as an explanation for the S.S. on the back of so many pirates, but that was a joke he pulled on a well-known dealer.

There are two options: there was one factory, probably in Taiwan, producing all sorts of more-or-less pirate games, using the same cases and different types of labels

or

there was one cartidge case manufacturer that provided several (Taiwanese) pirate firms with cases for their games.

Cheers,

Marco

quote:

It is my believe that no firm called Star Soft exists....

There are two options: there was one factory, probably in Taiwan, producing all sorts of more-or-less pirate games, using the same cases and different types of labels

or

there was one cartidge case manufacturer that provided several (Taiwanese) pirate firms with cases for their games.

It is true that a lot of cartridge cases (and even graphics) look identical on pirate carts by different brands. So I would suspect that one of your hypotheses is correct.

But what does SS mean? It is printed not only on cartridges but as the code on Rainbowvision game labels.

Surely it means something and somebody must know what this is. Somebody at least humour me and take a guess cause I'd really be interested to know...

-mitchell-