Can't get the 5200 version to run on the real thing.
It keeps crashing, no matter how I store it in the eprom.
I really been out of touch for awhile Since, I really don't have time to fix/finish what I started, any volunteers? Or release the source code?
I just recently ran across your enhanced Missile Command. It's a great effort. I'm just now really starting to get into 6502 Assembly programming on the Atari and I was wondering what tool(s) you used to reverse engineer the original?
Also, releasing even a portion of the source code for your enhanced version would be great. It would be a great learning tool for people such as myself. Heck, I might even be able to contribute.
I used dis6502 since it seemed to do a decent job. Next, I used atasm to compile the disassembled code. And after making all the necessary changes got it to compile exactly like the 8bit dump. Then, started making all the hacks!
Since I really don't have alot of time to make further changes (fix the 5200 version!), I'm gonna attach the current source code. My hope is that group/individual will continue this hack! (Just give me alittle credit ) Enjoy!
Wow, thanks a million The code will be a great learning tool. I especially like the fact that it can be built for either the 5200 or the Atari 8-bits. This will be most useful in learning the differences between the two.