IGNORED

HSC Season 2 Week 4: Dragonfire

Ze_ro

Hi there!

Oddly, the game seems (to my feverish imagination anyway) to be a little easier using Stella, but since I can't take a verifying screenshot it's next to useless.

I'm still using the last DOS version of Z26, since the current windows versions lock up when my Gamepad is connected to the PC. Anyway, with this DOS version I had the impression the controler input via Stelladaptor felt sort of lagging, while the controls on PCAE when recording the video were just as precise as on the real thing.

Greetings,

Manuel

Hi there!

Oddly, the game seems (to my feverish imagination anyway) to be a little easier using Stella, but since I can't take a verifying screenshot it's next to useless.

I'm still using the last DOS version of Z26, since the current windows versions lock up when my Gamepad is connected to the PC. Anyway, with this DOS version I had the impression the controler input via Stelladaptor felt sort of lagging, while the controls on PCAE when recording the video were just as precise as on the real thing.

Greetings,

Manuel

Yeah the controls lag quite a bit. Unfortantely, when all I have is an xbox, they do that with the z26 port to xbox as well :( They need to port over a PCAE version to the xbox... *sighs* oh well.

Hi there!

Greetings,

Manuel

Yeah the controls lag quite a bit. Unfortantely, when all I have is an xbox, they do that with the z26 port to xbox as well :( They need to port over a PCAE version to the xbox... *sighs* oh well.

Yeah, I'm definitely finding it easier with Stella - the controls in Z26 seem a lot more 'floaty' in comparison. I dunno, maybe I'm just making it up, but I hit 14000 once on Z26 and then spent ages hovering around 5-7000. With Stella I've now hit 16000 and generally hover around 10-15000.

Might as well post my latest improvement of 16520, as it might be my last. I'm edging up slowly but surely, but I can't really be bothered playing for another 2 hours just for the sake of breaking 20k.

post-4591-1108420708_thumb.png

3270 - decided to give it another go, only to find i hated it as much as the first few times i played it!

in none of my games did i get killed by the dragon, it was always whilst trying to cross the bridge, and i would usually lose all my lives in one go.....

my life will be all the richer for never playing this game again!

the 5th ghost has been conspicuously absent.  

--Zero

I really want to get back into the swing of things so that I can actively participate every week. The games that I missed so far this season I could have killed on. It pained me to miss out on Beamrider, Dragonfire, etc. :(

As for Spider Fighter, I knew I could max it the first try but I couldn't bring myself to doing it for some reason. I guess when I submitted that score to Twin Galaxies, I vowed to never play that game again :D

Mainly, my absence has been due to no internet access at home the past few months. I'm only able to get online when I go to a friend's house or the library. So, from time to time, I can check to see what game is being played and hope to get a chance to play, then hope to get to a computer with internet access in time to submit a score. Tis hasn't worked out very well so far LOL.

Anyway, I'll have a run at Popeye and hopefully get in a score!