IGNORED

Guess The Reserve

Fretwobbler

Here's a link to the auction from the US ebay page, to save some of us from having to do complex currency conversions in our head to figure out what this is really worth:

Atari 2600 Woodgrain Auction

So that works out to a little over $70USD. While the opening bid is certainly high, it's not as ridiculous as other 2600-related auctions I've seen in the past. I honestly believe a lot of people find these systems in their closets and throw them up on eBay, totally clueless about what they may be worth. If I auction something on eBay I usually try to see what similar items are going for, especially if it's an item I haven't kept tabs on over the years. It's apparent that not everyone does this.

And given the holiday season, many 2600 auctions were fetching a pretty fair amount. Of course, this auction doesn't even have a picture, a description of which games are included, no power adapter and is being sold by a seller with only (2) feedback. Ha! His most recent feedback is a complaint: "Attempted to charge more than the agreed price two times. Bad English skills."

..Al