IGNORED

HSC Season 2 Week 5: Popeye

Ze_ro

What an excelent run! I Have been really working hard on maximizing the first screen getting the pattern down' date=' then it only took me a little while to get the second screen. This is my first time on the third screen, damn the kisses move faster. A very nice 29400

well done. The game is ALL about the pattern of the falling love tokens. Once you get that pattern down it gets much easier. The third screen will end up being the easiest, with you never needing to leave the top level! (unless you want to get your spinach on) :)

C'mon, don't be so Wimpy :lolblue:

Actually, I'm interested in the screenshot you posted. Are you still on the 1st screen or did you cycle through and get back to it as the 4th screen? 17,300 seems like a ton of points for the first screen (my score is usually around 11,000 at the end of the level) but not many if you've already completed three levels.

C'mon' date=' don't be so Wimpy :lolblue:

Actually, I'm interested in the screenshot you posted. Are you still on the 1st screen or did you cycle through and get back to it as the 4th screen? 17,300 seems like a ton of points for the first screen (my score is usually around 11,000 at the end of the level) but not many if you've already completed three levels.[/quote']

It's from the second screen. Phil's screenshot above mine is the first screen. I only got that score by picking up the spinach and thumping Brutus/Bluto (what is his real name?) on both screens.

Brutus/Bluto (what is his real name?)

I see to recall from childhood that it was originally Bluto (this is the one I recall the best) and later changed to Brutus.

And I am right. According to this site:

http://www.math.pitt.edu/~bard/bardware/po...popeye/faq.html

"Bluto or Brutus? Which is it?

Bluto appeared as a minor character in the strip in 1932. He became famous in the Fleischer cartoons where he was quite nasty. Brutus was created later because King Features Syndicate thought Paramount owned the copyright to Bluto (which was not true since he appeared in the strip). Thus when made-for-TV cartoons were created, Brutus was the villain. "

YES!  I did what I set out to do!  200K!  I was on a roll too, but my in-laws showed up and they are more important than marathon Popeye, so I had to forfeit.  If I have time tonight, I might go again, but if not I'm happy with my 200K.  Its what I set out to do!

Nice work!

I only have a few hours tonight to play, but my goal is to crack 100k.

If it's not too late, I just got the score 24,950. This sucks! If I hadn't been out of town I know I could have done much better!   :x  :x  :x  

Oh well! Popeye is a fun game I'll probably give a lot of play to anyway, now that I've tried it. :)

D'oh! Stan was still signed in when I posted this. Attribute this score to pitfallaimee!