IGNORED

How do I price my system?

gabbiesmom

I found my grandmothers Atari from sears. It works and I have alot of games(list below). I would like to see how much it is worth. My grandfather is wanting to sell it. I was wondering where I can find out how much it is worth. Please help! Thanks Gabbiesmom

one atari from sears with stand(game holder)

2 sets of paddles(2 paddles on one connector)

2 driving paddles

2 key pads

2 joy sticks

Games:maz craze, golf, pitfall, mountain King, Centipede, krull, blue print, gun slinger, donkey kong, baseball, pong sports, space invaders, pac-man, adventure, fast foods, circus, breakaway IV, missile command, arcade pinball, river raid, E.T., combat, warlords, speedway II, dare driver, dodger cars, sodebreaker, football, indy 500, hunt&score, target fun, asteroids, maze, poker plus, bowling, and math gran pix.

This is kind of tough. Value on this kind of stuff is somewhat subjective. For instance the system is not so common around here so it is worth more to me than others. Same for the Driving and Keypad controllers. Most of the games are pretty common and may not fetch more than a few bucks each. You may have to take this more on a person by person basis as each person's situation is unique. As far as I know there is no set value guide for Atari stuff.

Anybody else here who knows more want to trump me on this?

Trying to help, Stan

that wouldn't be a bad set up to put on e-bay. with some good pictures I wouldn't be surprised to see it go to $100 . There is alwasy the chance for it to go much lower than that so if you have a price you MUST have use a reserve. Just don't get to greedy on the reserve as that will scare some potential bidders away. Lots of luck. I start all my systems on e-bay for $25 with no reserve and they generaly do pretty well.

[ 12-28-2001: Message edited by: tomyou ]

Well I am no means an expert but you put a lot like that up on ebay and you should get at least 100 bucks.

I think I speak for the whole board on this one though, DONT SELL IT. You have one heck of a start on an atari collection and alot of good memories sitting right in front of you.

I suggest you sit down for a weekend and play all the games, if you still wanna sell it after that then go for it. My guess is that you will find a new hobby.

This is kind of tough. Value on this kind of stuff is somewhat subjective. For instance the system is not so common around here so it is worth more to me than others. Same for the Driving and Keypad controllers.

Wait wait wait. Wait. So the driving controllers are pretty uncommon? I haven't see any in thrift shops, but I happen to have a couple. Is "Indy 500" the only game to use these (in that case, I can see why they're not very common)? Anyways, don't sell yet, play the thing and see how you like it.