IGNORED

HSC Season 2 Week 6: Demolition Herby

Ze_ro

Here's a game Todd doesn't own the high score for. I think he never tried on this one. Has he been around? We didn't have a beat the champ score for Popeye.

Yeah, we haven't heard from Todd in a few weeks... if he doesn't post a score, then the "Beat the Champ" points will go to whoever beats his TG score... if he doesn't have a score for the game in TG, then I guess the points go to whoever manages to beat the #1 score in TG... so good luck!

--Zero

I think my main complaint with this game are that hitting the enemy cars from behind seems kind of arbitrary. Sometimes you do, sometimes they hit you instead, somehow. Also, being able to end your game if you hit a car in the corner (which you always lose) because somehow you take 3 bounces and just die, is just lame.

I think there are parts of this game I like, but also parts that make me want to toss it in the river. :x :x :x :x

Slight update:

post-409-1109139775_thumb.jpg

I think my main complaint with this game are that hitting the enemy cars from behind seems kind of arbitrary.  Sometimes you do, sometimes they hit you instead, somehow.

Probably because they've already headed back towards you, but it's too quick to be seen with the naked eye (which always gets me to yell "I GOT HIM, DAMMIT!").

Hey ze_ro, I'm back in! :)

Heh, I once played this with two joysticks plugged in, quiiiiiietly moving the other one when a friend of mine was playing it once (since you can control the crash cars, heh heh). He was like, "are you moving the cars?" Nawwww!

Man, this sucks with a keyboard though, can't find my copy at the moment :|

And to those that are saying wow, I hadn't played this before, the game is nuts, then check it out again when the competition's over, but play game #1, it's a bit better.

Hadn't played this sucker in years :D

post-3650-1109140623.jpg

A few tips:

*Once you find that you can't black in a square (i. e. an off-track car has gotten back on) and you're either at the very top or very bottom of the screen, start working your back towards the opposite end, since if you have to go back up or down to knock a car off, you're going to burn up a lot of fuel going from one end of the screen to the other.

*Once a car gets back onto the track, if your fuel tank is pretty full, be extra careful in knocking it back off the track so you don't lose a life (might as well, since you have plenty of fuel!).

*ALWAYS try to end a level with a fuel tank of gas (or as close to one as possible, to give you a head start on the next level to knock off as many cars as possible).

*If you find yourself with only one or two squares left in a level to black out, and a car gets back onto the track, it might be worthwhile (if you have enough gas) to go "hunting" for it for some extra points.

post-3650-1109145396.jpg

I'd like to report a glitch. I found this after getting hit after fraustration and starting a new game quickly. If, you complete two 2-squares in a row, as soon as you complete the 2nd one, hit reset and mash the fire button, the points will still continue to count. Another words, a free 200 points starting out.

I'd like to report a glitch. I found this after getting hit after fraustration and starting a new game quickly. If, you complete two 2-squares in a row, as soon as you complete the 2nd one, hit reset and mash the fire button, the points will still continue to count. Another words, a free 200 points starting out.

Hmm... I think I thought of another way to earn points. How about this. The first to find a glitch and reports it, gets like one or two points. Nothing big, but enough to weed out the glitches, so the gaming can end up being fair. Hmm not a bad idea, if I may say so myself ;)

I notice that too. Sometimes it goes to 200, others 30... I think it has to do with whatever you score before resetting the game.

Hmm... I think I thought of another way to earn points. How about this. The first to find a glitch and reports it, gets like one or two points.

Well, not that it has anything to do with getting a few more points, but when you hit reset right before the sounds occur that signal the end of the game, those sounds will still be heard at the start of your new game.

Hmm... I think I thought of another way to earn points. How about this. The first to find a glitch and reports it, gets like one or two points.

Well, not that it has anything to do with getting a few more points, but when you hit reset right before the sounds occur that signal the end of the game, those sounds will still be heard at the start of your new game.

there's a few, I won't call'em bugs, but 'anormalities' sometimes if you hit a chaser car or tow truck, instead of going to the side, they stay in the track. Other time I hit this car and it bounce me back to the track without taking a life.

My last score: 20.220 (picture later, I have to install the picture editing software)

4416 I'm improving and I'm starting to really like this one. My GIM Fire Command controller seems to be the best controller for this game. Besides Amidar/Spiderdroid I also see some similarities to Pepper II and have been applying some of my Pepper II strategies to this one.

One tip I have is to make the double boxes along the up/down lines rather than the left/right lines. I've had an easier time completing double boxes this way and have been racking up points in the early stages using it.

I've found another bug albeit a small one. If you start a new game, then hit reset right away, you will start the new game with 3 points instead of zero points.