IGNORED

Atari 2600/7800 Prototype? I also need some help with my 780

dazzlenz

Hey there everyone and Happy New Year! I am posting this message about a cartridge I found with my Atari 7800 console. It looks like the standard casing. It has a picture of the front of some astronaught walking through multicolour smoke. On the top where the switch is, there is a sticker with "A) Pitfall" and then one line down "B) Grand Prix". It is a 2-in-1 cartridge with a switch on the top which lets you choose between Pitfall or Grand Prix, which are both Activision games, I think. The games play well, no bugs, ect. and are exactly the same as the originals. I can't figure out wether it's an unreleased game, a prototype or maybe just a home-built unit. Also, I wanted to know if it is possible to wire up, for example, a coin door/mech to my Atari 7800 console so that I can put it in an arcade cabinet. I thought maybe I could wire it to one of the pins on the cartridge input so that when a coin was inserted, the game would start, and maybe when your lives are up, the game stops? Hope you can help me out. Thank you very much for your time.

Hello, and welcome to the board. I'm from the U.S. so I don't know much about the funky 2 in 1 carts in europe. But it's does sound like a genuine release and not a prototype, maybe a HES release or some kind of a pirate cart. If you could scan it in I would definately like to see it.

About adapting the 7800 to take quarters. I'm pretty sure without rewriting the cartridge you couldn't set up the change system to know when your character has died or anthing. But you might concider setting up the system on a Time based system. Then you just power off the system when your time is up. Might use parts off a vibarating bed or something... :-) Good Luck!

No this can not be a HES game. I have all 2 Pak Specials (2 in 1 games from HES) and this games (Pitfall & Grand Prix) are not avaible on these. And these gamescarts of too no switch. You can select the games in the Titlescreen. So maybe only a pirated game.

Thanks for your replys everyone I will get a pic of its cartridge and board as soon as I can.

PS: Thought of maybe just attaching the coin door to the start button on the controller

Oh, also, does anyone know what this might be worth? It's a Mattel Aquarius and it's in mint with box (still surrounded by polystyrene), there is also a Mini Expander and a LOGO cartridge. It works great, has BASIC built-in. Had a bit of fun makin small programs Heres the pic of the Aquarius (sorry about the really bad quality):

aq2.jpg

aq8.jpg

[ 01-03-2002: Message edited by: Dazzle New Zealand ]